drag and drop improvement
Aldevinas Katkus
9-14-17
Currently if we drag an attachment from one archive (which opens by clicking the paperclip icon) to another, the attachment is moved to the another archive. It would be nice to change the behavior to copy/move by holding the shift key as it is the standard way in Windows if we drag a file from one folder to another. If we hold a shift key when dragging the "+" appears and the file is copied instead of moving.
Bjanka
9-14-17
Hello Aldevinas,

If I understood your need correctly, I would like to confirm that system currently works in a way your described it:

- if you drag a file from one attachment window and drop it to another, file will be moved.
- If you hold Shift while doing it, file will be copied.

Let us know if your improvement is about something else!
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
9-21-17
Hi Aldevinas,

Bkanka is correct the system is correctly behaving "drag and drop" to move, hold "shift" + "drag and drop" to copy.

This has worked very well for windows from since I recall.

What is not working well in Windows is that you have to have both target and source paperclips "open". So you can only copy or move from one "open" paperclip window to another "open" paperclip window.

It would be nice if like on the Mac I could drag and drop onto the target paperclip. So, open source paperclip and drag and drop to paperclip on target record.

This is not working under windows. Is this what you are reporting to Bjanka? Can we get that fixed?

Wayne
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
9-27-17
Upgraded to August release and this works in Windows now so perfect!!! I can drag and drop onto paperclip and that file is moved or copied correctly..:-)
Aldevinas Katkus
10-20-17
This should cause confusion for Windows users:

1. It doesn't conform to windows design - https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/keys_general.mspx?mfr=true

CTRL while dragging an item - Copy selected item.

2. you have to hold SHIFT before starting to drag and item, on Windows you can start holding Ctrl at any time while dragging and it modifies the dragging action (copy or move)
Aldevinas Katkus
10-20-17
P.S. I am terribly sorry for writing "shift" instead of "Ctrl" in the first message. I must have been thinking about something else.

PPS: I would be very nice to have a "+" cursor appearing while holding down a Ctrl key as it is on Windows.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
When this feature will be redesigned?...
13:19 24 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024