Unlicensed user is logged in
Std Accounts Test
4-12-18
Hello,

Customer on version 8.1 30-06-2016, windows server & clients

Since three days back,Users started to receive a message while trying to login "One unlicensed user is logged in. You may not log in
until the unlicensed user is logged off".
Nothing changed recently in terms of license or user configuration.
By testing, No clear pattern was found such as specific user causing this issue. Also, the "Unlicensed" checkbox
in person record is not ticked for for any user.

Can any one share experience on how to find out the causes this problem ..

Thanks,

Mohamed Saad

Giuseppe L.
4-12-18
Hello Mohamed,
thank you for letting us know about that.

We have never experienced such an issue so far, and it would be hard to replicate, I guess.
The easiest 1st step would be to reboot the server to force all users disconnection.

Let us know if something new pops up.

Best Regards,

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Support
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-17-18
Hi Mohammed

I experienced something similar today. The unlicenced checkbox was ticked on the global user record (this is a multicompany database). The person register is not used to manage logins. I think you can do something if the unlicenced user is a person but nothing if they are a global user.

In the end I deleted the global user record and recreated it. All sorted now.

Sanjay (Syntec Solutions)
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024