Stopping a client from being able to change the record number
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-16-18
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a setting or action that can be use to prevent all users from being able to set the record numbers being saved based on the valid number series.

I had a client accidentally type in a number into the number series of a G/L transaction that just happened to fall within the allowed number series and this introduced issues now and the client is wondering if we can fix this. I will tackle that issue next however I am wondering if there is anything we can do to simply tell SERP to control the field and not allow them to edit it.

I even looked to see if I can hide the filed on the records using the new feature to hide fields...:-) I was not successful.

Help???

Wayne
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-17-18

Hi Wayne

This is available in 8.4. Should allow you hide the field.

„ SYSTEM
Editing Record Fields

Record fields can now be configured for specified access
groups. This new capability includes changing field labels,
hiding a field based on whether it contains data, and hiding a

field altogether. Additionally, entering data into a field can now
be set as required before saving.

/Sanjay
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-17-18
Technics >> Settings >> Field Settings

Just tested in 8.4 and I couldn't get it to work. One for HW I think ...

wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-17-18
Thanks for the effort. Will look at it in HAL.
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-17-18
Created bywdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca16:25 17 Apr 2018
Thanks for the effort. Will look at it in HAL.
No problem. It's a 10 second solution in HAL :)
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024