Data integrity issue leading to clients asking if they can trust SERP
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-17-18
Last Friday a client needed to credit an invoice because they wanted to add an important comment to it before sending the invoice off.

In keeping with the concepts of credit a "delivery" do a "return goods", the client credited the invoice and attempted to recreate the invoice and it would not.

I checked and the Sales Order is still showing that the order is invoiced. This caused a lot of confusion and pain for the client.

In speaking to a more experienced SERP colleague he pointed out that we should return the goods and credit the invoice from the Credit Note (They only needed to fix add comment). Why I asked, "that is how SERP works, doing a credit from the invoice for inventoried items does not work (Although the software allows it)".

So I ask, can someone explain to me if this is a bug that the development team will to fix? Or some type of design requirement that just is not obvious and we have to keep customer away from using "create -> Credit Note" from an invoice.

Thanks,

Wayne
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-17-18
Hi Wayne

There is a setting in SO >> Settings >> Order Settings called Credit Notes Update Invoiced Qty. What this does I believe is reduce the invoiced quantity on the sales order for you to then recreate the invoice.

So it is possible. However, this has to factor into the company's processes. The order does become invoiceable and will be invoiced again if the maintenance is run to invoice orders. In my experience they may simply want to credit the invoice and never re-invoice. In this case, they have to remember to close off the order after the credit is raised.

I think you have to have this ticked in the system to be able to reinvoice from the order after the credit note has been raised. Will work for you but none of my clients as they want the order untouched after the credit note is raised.

Sanjay (Syntec Solutions)
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-18-18
Thanks I will test and let my client.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-18-18
This works great. It is exactly what was missing. I honestly do not understand why this setting should be off. Maybe you can explain some more as I think this works well for North America.
Sanjay Parbhoo
4-18-18
Created bywdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca17:47 18 Apr 2018
This works great. It is exactly what was missing. I honestly do not understand why this setting should be off. Maybe you can explain some more as I think this works well for North America.
Excellent :)

Have a look at the bit on the manuals regarding this.

http://hansamanuals.com/main/english/mailnumber___58821/theconf___477/manuals/levelzero___58821/version___84/hwconvindex.htm

Its more complicated than it should be really. They key factor is whether or not you want to create another invoice from the sales order after the credit note is raised. This works nicely if you do, but not if don't want to.

wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-18-18
Yes, okay I am less worried. As I am training client to use this only if they wish to reissue the invoice. When they wish to cancel the invoice they must write it off but now I understand why you said they should credit and then close the order.

Thanks again for the tip.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024