Auto-update of clients failed after upgrading 8.4
Paul Timms
5-1-18
Last night I upgraded our 8.4 from 2018-01-26 to 2018-03-21. When logging in with a Windows client, it told me a newer version was available and that it was a required update, which is odd since the database should not have changed. When I selected to update, it then said it failed to download the update.

I checked in hansa.log and it said:

2018-05-01 09:30:59 /THREAD(19) SendBinFile Web File Not Found clients/windowsnet.ha
2018-05-01 09:30:59 /THREAD(19) Web file not found: clients/windowsnet.ha

I checked the webcust/clients folder on the server and it was empty. I then downloaded and extracted the Linux server installer, copied the updateclients folder to my server folder, copied the two .ha files to webcust/clients, and renamed them to windows.ha and macosx.ha. I was then able to auto-update my Windows client.

Why does upgrading not include these files which are required to update the clients?
Pijus Juodis
5-8-18
Hi Paul,

As far as I know, the webcust folder is an old way of autoupdating clients. Now the files required for autoupdate are taken from the Cloud version's folder.

You should remove the webcust folder on your server and try the autoupdate then. I have tested this with the same versions and for me it worked fine.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
HansaWorld Team
Paul Timms
5-8-18
Thanks Pijus

Clearly it didn't work though, and customers upgrading to the new version won't have the expertise to do what I did.

Paul
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024