Stock>>Reporte>>Item History>>Balance is incorrect
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
6-19-18
Hi,

There is situation when we run Item History report for 2018 year. Item start balance in Amount is 0.00 and end balance -257.92.

If I run report for 2017 year, there is end balance 257.92.
Regarding quantities, everything looks ok.
If I run report for 2017 and 2018, i.e., 01/01/2017:31/12/2018, end balance is correct (0.00 as it should have).

Why start balance doesn't appear for 2018 year?
Advice where to look?
Martins Gulbis
6-21-18
Hello!

Thank you for the question!

I am looking into this, but I need more time to come up with a suggestion for this issue.

I will come back with more information as soon as possible.

HansaWorld Latvija
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
8-10-18
Hi,

Want to remind about this.
Paul Timms
8-22-18
Hi Katrine

I've done some investigation of item history opening balances before, and if I remember rightly, the item history report finds the opening balance by looking at the current item status figure, and working backwards through the item history support register till it reaches the start date of the report.

Is the item status "in stock" figure correct for this item?
Martins Gulbis
8-29-18
Hello!

Katrine, can you please check, if what Paul wrote applies in your case?

Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
10-2-18
Created byPaul Timms17:59 22 Aug 2018
Hi Katrine I've done some investigation of item history opening balances before, and if I remember rightly, the item history report finds the opening balance by looking at the current item status figure, and working backwards through the item history sup
Hi,

Thank You!

But this isn't a bug? Why report search information backwards? It means that Starting Balance for Item will be incorrect, in result End Balance also will be incorrect.

Quantities are fine but Amounts will be only correct if I run report from beginning of Item life cycle in stock.
Paul Timms
10-3-18
I think the report runs backwards because people are usually only interested in recent item history, and for systems which have been running for several years, it would take the report a lot longer to start from the beginning. I'm not entirely sure about amounts, but there are plenty of functions which find backdated cost prices, weighted average, FIFO etc. so I'm happy that the amounts are usually correct.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024