Moving from invoicing in Base currency to another currency.
Sanjay Parbhoo
2-5-19
Hi,

A customer has been invoicing South African customers in GBP (base 1) and receiving payments on account in GBP from them, they would now like to invoice in ZAR and receive funds in ZAR etc.

In the past, this scenario has caused strange balances to remain on the account that are difficult to clear. This I think is based on the currency on the contact card.

Is there a recommended way in which I can move from invoicing in base currency to another currency?

Omar Dottin
2-7-19
Hi Sanjay, I am checking into your issue. Stay tuned for a response :)

HW Support

Omar Dottin
2-11-19
Hi Sanjay,

If you put on the customer contact card that the sales currency is ZAR,

and if that numerical value is different than the previous rate (GBP), then by default it will cause some differences to show in SERP

The only way to avoid this if the new rate is the same as the old rate.

This should be the only cause of strange balances.

Can you please elaborate on exactly what balances you are seeing?

Thanks!

HW Support
Sanjay Parbhoo
2-15-19
Thanks Omar

I believe if we clear all the outstanding balances and then change the currency it will be fine.

Sanjay

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024