SQL Shadowing on macOS 10.12 Standard ERP 8.4 (ODBC)
Piotr Wycichowski
4-23-19
I have a problem with running SQL Shadowing on macOS 10.12 Standard ERP 8.4

"Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server" installed on the computer.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/odbc/linux-mac/installing-the-microsoft-odbc-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-2017

The MS SQL database is in the 2017 version. A user and password have been created. Empty database also.

What should the correct .odbc.ini file look like? Probably this is the reason for the lack of connection between Hansa and SQL Server

In hansa, the "SQL Shadowing" option is enable, Name, login and password for ODBC have been saved.

The selected table, for example INVc, has been selected.
Vadym
4-23-19
As I know SERP not provided work with odbc on Mac. Only windows and linux servers.
Martin A.
4-24-19
Hi Vadym,

Hope you are doing well.

I just asked one of our partners with good knowledge about this, if he can have a look.

Regards,
Martin Arnbom

Martin A.
4-25-19
Hi Vadym,

For Mac I have been recommended postgres. Also, how have you setup the odbc.ini file?

The odbc.ini file should look something like this:

[Database_name_inside_hansa]
Driver=ODBC Driver for PostgreSQL 10
Description=Description of what sql config you using
Database=Database name
Servername = where.the.server.is, DNS or IP
Port = what port its using

Regards,
Martin Arnbom
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024