Inaccurate and unreliable behaviour from tasks.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-24-17
Has anyone observed irregular behaviours with Tasks within SERP 8.2 and up? I have observed the consequences are not functioning properly.

We have a flow of tasks that once the result is added and the task marked as done, it is to generate another task. Suddenly, our sales people have found that going from step 2 to step 3 is not generating the activity on "result and done". We have tried deleting the rule, deleting the activity types and recreating. Nothing is making that step work again, we have to remember to manually create the 3rd step in our CRM task automation.

Yesterday I noticed another (very disturbing) anomaly. I use activities to post transactions to Projects for billing.

I posted an activity to a job and when I checked the job status there was nothing to be invoiced. I double checked my work and even found the activities in the Activities register in the System module and found that everything looked correct. The only way I got the project to see that there is something to invoice was to invalidate the activity and then duplicate and mark that as "Done" again. This time the billing appeared in the project status report.

It is almost as if the transaction is not written, is there a register I can inspect to tell if this is in fact what happened?

I am wondering if I am the only one seeing unreliable results such as these. Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about reporting a bug like this.
Aldevinas Katkus
4-24-17
Have you checked the Project Transactions register? This is the place where billable activities are stored.
We haven't noticed anything like you, even though we use activities every day.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-27-17
Thanks for the pointer I will check that register.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-27-17
Okay it looks like the activities did not write the transactions. Not sure why that is happening but I have activities but no corresponding transactions. I will try to find a pattern and report it once I am successful.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
4-27-17
Transactions are being made but not being reported in Project Status. I run the create Project Invoice and all transaction do appear. The issues seems to be just in the Customer Status report. Will try to figure out what is happening.

Any thoughts on the issue we are seeing with CRM consequences where one of our rules is just being ignored?
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
5-3-17
FOUND THE ISSUE WITH TASKS/CONSEQUENCES.

I am posting this as I think this feedback is valuable to new partners learning to use the CRM system like we are at this point in our continued efforts to grow and develop as a "senior Partner".

The issue was that the "To do" check box was not select on our Consequence rule that was the suspect of this crime.

Why did this seem like a bug?

The default seems to be to create a calendar event with "no show" as the default setting for the event.

This made the sales person not see the newly created activity nor did they see the calendar event.

Simple as always once you find the cause of the cause of the confusion. Now it is just for the Project transactions that do not bring in the tax templates consistently. We did notice that it does work most times I am investigating why it is not working sometimes. Maybe setting somewhere that controls this.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024