Cash Accounting - cheque numbers
Paul Timms
7-30-19
I have a customer here in the UK who are doing cash accounting (VAT posted at time of receiving or paying). There's an issue with receipts and payments made by cheque. If the cheque number has been entered into the receipt or payment, no VAT is posted.

There is a comment in DoBookIPVAT:

if (IPrwp.ChequeNr>0) then begin //vat posted when check cleared
testf = false;
end;

This led me to believe the VAT would be posted once the receipt was reconciled, so I tried that but it did not update the transaction, nor create a new one.

How is the VAT supposed to be posted for cleared cheques? Otherwise I will need to find and remove all the cheque numbers, and unOK and reOK all these records, which is quite a big job.

Another issue is that this concept is wrong for the UK. According to HMRC:

"If you are paid by cheque: you receive payment on the date you receive the cheque, or the date on the cheque, whichever is later."
Paul Timms
7-30-19
Having checked this again, for some reason it did not confirm the reconciliation so I tried again, and noticed that it updated the transaction with the correct VAT. So it's just the last part which needs to be changed.
Kuda Chanengeta
8-13-19
Created byPaul Timms16:49 30 July 2019
Having checked this again, for some reason it did not confirm the reconciliation so I tried again, and noticed that it updated the transaction with the correct VAT. So it's just the last part which needs to be changed.
Hi Paul, I saw that you reported a bug on this and the second issue has been fixed in the latest development version of StandardERP and should be implemented in a released version soon.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024