moving attachments to another DB
Aldevinas Katkus
9-27-19
Is there a simple way to move attachments to another DB without having to renumber attachment records manually?
There is an export in DB Maintenance module "Special company backup" which exports, if I understand it correctly, the current company info on attachments.
What could be the next step to import this file into the another DB with different number of companies?
Omar Dottin
9-27-19
Hello! In a client/server environment, just copy all of the data in the attachment folder on the server and paste into your new environment. The attachments will be brought forward :) Hope this helps!

HW Support
Aldevinas Katkus
9-30-19
Maybe I haven't clear enough: we're moving some companies to other database, for example, company 1 in database A should become company 51 in database B. Database A had many attachments which should be properly reattached in the database B. There is no problem with attachments, as they have unique names in the Attach folder, the problem is with links to these external files.
As far as I understand "Special company backup" exports current company attachment info. That's what I need to import into the database B, how can I do that import into the database B with proper renumbering of links and attachments registers:
e.g., if we had a record number (index) in database A equal to 1 (one), in the database B 1 must become the next available serial number, because 1 is already used in the database B by some something else.
Omar Dottin
12-10-19
Hi Aldevinas!

If you export RLinkVc from Database A (Module Database Maintenance >> Routines >> Register Export), you should be able to change the company number in the first column of the export from 1 to 51 and re-import into Database B.

Please let me know if this helps solve your issue. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Omar
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024