Server running a report, please wait
Lee D Papworth
12-9-19
Since upgrading my customer many months ago to SERP 8.5 (build 85310413) they have been experiencing issues when trying to create deliveries from orders.

This is the main maintenance routine they run. They have high volume orders and run this routine 3 times a day. (I suspect they would also get this message if they ran other maintenance routines)

They get a message "Server running a report, please wait" and it does not perform the routine so they have to keep trying many times before SERP allows them to run it.

They never had this before the upgrade.

They have always had a quite a few reports running as they are a large installation but since the upgrade this has started to impede on their Picking and dispatch processes.

Can someone please advise how best I can over come this?

Thanks

Lee Papworth

Swati D.
12-10-19
Hi Lee

Please advise which routine you are running and from which module to make it easier to follow.

I assume you are running Sales Order>Routine>Create deliveries from orders?

We will respond shortly

Swati 12.10

Lee D Papworth
12-10-19
That is the correct routine Swati

Thanks

Lee
Lee D Papworth
12-13-19
Any news on this please?

It is causing my client a lot of problems. They have to keep trying this option until it works . This can take up to 15 mins. Then they are behind on their picking and dispatch.

Thanks

Lee
David Delač
12-19-19
Hi Lee,

I am not aware of such problem nor I was able to replicate it. Are you able to repeat this on some sample data that we can use to diagnose the problem and fix it?

Thank you,
David D.
HansaWorld Support
Lee D Papworth
12-20-19
Hi David, they are getting it for a reason. Are you able to run it past a techie and see what conditions prompts that message?

Other business partners have told me they have experienced this.

I suspect demo data will not replicate this. Standalone demo is not real world. It will not have multiple users running reports and other functions.

Really need some idea why this is happening and then we can hopefully put in some countermeasure to help my customer.

They are a large install with many reports and functions running simultaneously

Regards

Lee
David Delač
12-20-19
Hi Lee,

It is normal for Maintenances to hang the server as they are ran on the main thread and as a result of that users will receive message "Server running a report, please wait".

I would advise you to add some logging into CreateSHsFromSOsMn function as it seems very unlikely that the Maintenance would not complete the task if all parameters and requirements have been met.

Best Regards,
David D.
Lee D Papworth
12-20-19
Created byDavid Delač11:01 20 Dec 2019
Hi Lee, It is normal for Maintenances to hang the server as they are ran on the main thread and as a result of that users will receive message "Server running a report, please wait". I would advise you to add some logging into CreateSHsFromSOsMn functi
Hi David,

I think you may have misunderstood my message. They are not able to run the maintenance. It seems it is prevented from running is anyone in the business is running a report.

Please come back to me.

Regards

Lee
David Delač
12-20-19
Hi Lee,

My apologies, now I understand what your problem is.
Please make sure that your reports are multi-threaded by going to System > Settings > Optional Features > Performance > Parallel Reports: Multi Thread. Also make sure to 8 into Report Slots value.

NOTE: Restart the server after applying changes.

This will ensure that you have enough slots for running reports on other threads which will eventually lead to you being able to run maintenances uninterrupted.

Please let me know if this helped.

Best Regards,

David D.
Lee D Papworth
12-20-19
Created byDavid Delač13:06 20 Dec 2019
Hi Lee, My apologies, now I understand what your problem is. Please make sure that your reports are multi-threaded by going to System > Settings > Optional Features > Performance > Parallel Reports: Multi Thread. Also make sure to 8 into Report Slots val
Hi David,

We have had Parallel Reports with multi Thread enabled since 8.1

Report slots is set to 24.

Customer hardware is:

6 Cores
20gb ram
800gb hard drive

Please come back to me

Regards

Lee
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
12-27-19
Hello.

At the moment we do not queue maintenances of reports are running.
To make them queued as way round, user user can keep the message opened and wait.
We have this issue reported to reconsider by development department.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024