Problem connecting to smtp office365
Björn Schwab
3-20-20
Operating system: macOS
The customer can no longer send external emails using the setting it had from older version.

After updating to 8.5 (2020-01-07)the serp server doesn't connect to the smtp server.

Logfile says: Failed to connect to smtp server, sleeping for one minute.

We can see from the email queue that the emails stopped after updating.

smtp.office365.com is used

Giuseppe L.
3-20-20
Hello Björn and thank you for reaching out to us with your enquiry.

Please check these settings are as below:

in Module: Mail and Conferences > Settings > Email SMTP server

SMTP adress: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
Encryption method: STARTTLS

user address: postmaster@mydomain.com
password: your Office365 admin password

best regards,

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Support
Björn Schwab
3-21-20
Encryption method: STARTTLS -> Should that be to check the SSL checkbox?

Giuseppe L.
3-23-20
Hellò Björn,
yes, please tick the SSL checkbox.

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Support
4-1-20
Hi Björn,

Did this work for your customer?
I have a customer in SA with a similar problem.

Thanks

Maricelle
Björn Schwab
4-2-20
Created by20:24 1 Apr 2020
Hi Björn, Did this work for your customer? I have a customer in SA with a similar problem. Thanks Maricelle
No, it is not working

Customer is using the email for sending invoices. Kind of urgent to get somebody to take a look at it.

/Björn
Zilvinas Suliauskas
4-3-20
I got information that there was a bug in 8.5 (2020-01-07). It has been fixed now.
This fix will be available in the upcoming released version of Standard ERP.
4-17-20
Hello,

Has the a new version been published with the fix for this?

Thanks

Maricelle
Zilvinas Suliauskas
4-17-20
Hello Maricelle,

Last comment in the bug report says: "Tested and working in Standard ERP 8.5 2020-03-24 (85331233)"
Currently available version on standardinstall.com is ERP 8.5 2020-03-24 (85331241).

My recommendation would be to test it for yourself before updating version for the customer.
4-24-20
Hi Zilvinas,

I tested in 8.5 2020-03-24 B 241.

I create the email in the users email box, and select 'Sent'. If I check the Email queue register the status is 0 - Queued (and remains on this state).

If I go to Routines>>Maintenance>>Send and Receive email>>Run, the email is then sent out and status changes to 1.

Do I need to change any settings so that it sends the email the first time when I select Sent and Save?
Zilvinas Suliauskas
4-24-20
Hello,

Have you checked hansamanuals.com and training material first?

You can check following setting:
Module Email and Conferences > Settings > Mail and Conference Settings > tick on "Lock and Send emails Automatically"
4-27-20
Hi Zilvinas,

Lock and Send is on. The customer had a different email account and Internal gateway is setup and working. It only stops working when I change the email provider to Office 365.

Thanks

Maricelle
Zilvinas Suliauskas
4-27-20
Hi Maricelle,

Pls check if the mailbox that you are trying to send the mail from is not marked as Postmaster? You can do that in Email and Conferences >> Settings >> Mail and Conference Settings >> Postmaster field
4-27-20
Hi Zilvinas,

It is not listed as Postmaster.

Zilvinas Suliauskas
4-27-20
I asked our PM to test. Will come back to you.
Michael W.
5-5-20
Hi Maricelle

As discussed and tested, the outlook / office 365 SMTP settings are working correctly, as is the send and lock mail functionality

Best regards,

Michael Wyeth
Michael W.
5-5-20
Created byBjörn Schwab09:13 21 Mar 2020
Encryption method: STARTTLS -> Should that be to check the SSL checkbox?
Hi Bjorn

The SSL checkbox must NOT be ticked when using the Office 365 / Outlook SMTP credentials.
Please also ensure that the Office 365 / outlook domain used in the SMTP settings matches the domain of email addresses saved against each person record > Sales tab.

The other details Giuseppe gave you are correct:

SMTP adress: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587

user address: postmaster@mydomain.com
password: your Office365 admin password

Best regards,

Hansaworld Support
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024