Cannot login with standard id anymore
Aldevinas Katkus
5-22-20
Operating system: Windows
After automatic update to newer 8.5 version from an older 8.5 version (Linux server, windows clients), one of the users cannot login with standard id anymore, however he can login with user's password. While the other user can login with his standard id as before.
Has anyone seen something like this?
Note: It is still possible to access data with rest api (via OAuth) for the user which cannot login using his standard id.
Is there a fix for this?
What to do if the user does not know his user password and admin cannot login too?
Michael W.
5-22-20
Hi Aldevinas

We are experiencing intermittent issues with our Standard ID server. While resolve the issue, it is recommended that each users’s person card is updated to have a local password as well as a Standard ID. This will ensure the user can login with the local password if they cannot login with the Standard ID.

Best regards,

HansaWorld Support
Aldevinas Katkus
5-22-20
Maybe I haven't been clear enough: One user cannot login anymore with standard id (the password is rejected), the same standard id can login into another db. Another user from the same DB can.
What I am afraid of is that this could happen with our clients, and I could not figure the way out. I my case this was a demo db and another user could change my user's password , so I could log in.
Aldevinas Katkus
5-22-20
Created byAldevinas Katkus13:44 22 May 2020
Maybe I haven't been clear enough: One user cannot login anymore with standard id (the password is rejected), the same standard id can login into another db. Another user from the same DB can. What I am afraid of is that this could happen with our client
I don't think this issue has something to do with standard id server.
Pijus Juodis
5-25-20
Hello,

I have tried repeating your issue with a test database, but could not - logging in worked fine with StandardID.
Please let us know if you are able to repeat the problem (maybe with another update or another server, or another database).

Thank you.
Aldevinas Katkus
6-7-23
Same with 8.5 2023-05-13 (build 85550474) on our demo setup.
We had once the same problem with our client's DB.
log:
2023-06-07 11:04:09 (1) AD CallHal("EmailValidationStatusWithStdID")
2023-06-07 11:04:09 (1) AD Login Failed 78.60.157.112:56792: ad@stabilios-sistemos.lt

Yavuz Yigiterhan
6-8-23
Created byAldevinas Katkus10:19 7 Jun 2023
Same with 8.5 2023-05-13 (build 85550474) on our demo setup. We had once the same problem with our client's DB. log: 2023-06-07 11:04:09 (1) AD CallHal("EmailValidationStatusWithStdID") 2023-06-07 11:04:09 (1) AD Login Failed 78.60.157.112:
Thank you for feedback.. We are checking.
6-8-23
Hi!
What is "Our demo setup"?

What exactly are you trying to do and what exactly happens?
Unfortunately from your message and have no clue neither about the environment where you have the issue, nor about the issue itself - what are you trying to do and what goes wrong.
Please provide more info.
Aldevinas Katkus
6-8-23
"Our demo setup" is based on lithuanian demo with some fixed settings, except it has 3 companies.
After the upgrade to the newer version it is not possible to login neither with Standard ID (email), nor user ID, but using the same Standard ID we can fetch the data via Rest API.
After changing global user password via operations menu, the user can login. I have have no idea why user password is lost during import.

If we do an export-import the same happens (user cannot login).
I removed all hals before restoring from backup.
Yavuz Yigiterhan
6-16-23
Thank you.

This seems like a database specific issue - we haven't seen anything like that before.
The easiest workaround would be to create a new user and give him the standard ID (and remove that standard ID from original user and disable that original user so that it doesn't use a licence)
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024