REST API >> Get a specific transaction
Sanjay Parbhoo
7-1-20
Operating system: Windows
Hi,

Is there a way to get a specific NL Transaction record from the API.

I am trying the following but this won't work as Number is not sortable. You get the following message : the sort field can not be sorted on'.

http://IP:PORT/api/1/TRVc?sort=Number
Aldevinas Katkus
7-3-20
Update note says: Only one field can be sorted on, and only if there is a suitable index, if there is no suitable index the request will fail.
I would vote for the ability to extend this functionality too.
For example retrieving a specific record as:
/api/1/TRVc/201/10000014

or /api/1/TRVc?sort=Number&range=range=201,10000014:201,10000020

to retrieve a range of transactions with IntYc=201 and 10000014<=Number<=10000020

i.e., compound index fields are separated by a slash and fields must be in the order of the key definition:

MainKeyBegin(Number,0);
KeySegment(IntYc);
KeySegment(Number);
Aldevinas Katkus
7-3-20
Just realized, that my suggestion has problems when field contains commas.
Anyway you can sort by date and use filters
Sanjay Parbhoo
7-3-20
Created byAldevinas Katkus08:52 3 July 2020
Update note says: Only one field can be sorted on, and only if there is a suitable index, if there is no suitable index the request will fail. I would vote for the ability to extend this functionality too. For example retrieving a specific record as: /api
Thanks Aldevinas

Unfortunately you cannot update a transaction with a patch call as result. I think you could possibly use filters also to get a specific record.

Yes, I like your idea and hopefully it can be added one day.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client&apos;s HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024