SERP communication Centre window shows wrong number
Aldevinas Katkus
9-2-20
Operating system: macOS
I can see incoming and outgoing calls as going from endpoint_name@localhost, instead of the number, where endpoind_name is a section name (between brackets) in the sip.conf file.
Microsip and linphone shows correct incoming phone number. Asterisk CDR viewer also shows correct numbers.
Looks like SERP picks up wrong fields to show the call status.
Am I the only one experiencing this?
I have a compiled asterisk v. 16 and it is in a standard Asterisk location, not in the SERP subfolder.
Carolina Valentino
9-3-20
Hi, We are looking your issue, We ll contact you soon
Simone M.
9-3-20
Hi Aldevinas,
it's the very first time that I hear about this issue.
Please test the same but using the integrated Asterisk with SERP to check if it's repeatable.
It's most likely a configuration issue on your custom Asterisk.

Aldevinas Katkus
9-14-20
One more note: If I click "Queue status" button on Communication Centre window I can see the correct incoming call number. Very strange. So it looks like "Queue status" is picking up the right data from somewhere and Communication centre matrix is picking data from somewhere else.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024