Reconnect settings
Ele-Riin Raudsepp
5-18-21
Operating system: macOS
Question about new reconnect settings and logic behind it.

First we have module User Settings > Settings > Local Optional Features with 2 Reconnect options:
1) Reconnect
2) Reconnect (central override)

What is the difference between them? Where I could find explanation what does both option selections (System Default, Automatically, Never & Client Decides, Off, On) mean ?

Also there is another Reconnect setting in Optional Features with options Client Decides, Off and On.

How this setting is meant to work togerther with the one in module User setting'? If I have selected 'Client Decides' in Optional Features and also 'Client Desices' in User Settings, what should happen - where I can decide it?

Katrin Veskimäe
5-26-21
Hello!

Yes, some reconnect setting combinations raise questions. I'll test it and will put more information here in a few days.
Anna Lasko
6-10-21
Just an update - more info to follow from Katrin in the following few days

Thank you for your patience.
Anna Lasko
7-7-21
Hi Ele-Riin,

Update: we're still looking into this issue, more info to follow.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Anna
Aldevinas Katkus
7-9-21
One issue I have found that automatic reconnect make to restart the maintenance, for example if Stock rebuild takes more than 5 minutes, then Stock rebuild starts over and over again and this never ends unless you kill the client (If I remember rightly). I have reported a bug I think.
Ele-Riin Raudsepp
8-19-21
Is there any updates with this topic?
Ele-Riin Raudsepp
10-4-21
Created byAnna Lasko09:37 7 July 2021
Hi Ele-Riin, Update: we're still looking into this issue, more info to follow. Thank you for your patience. Kind regards, Anna
Is there any updates with this topic?
Sanjay Parbhoo
10-4-21
Created byAldevinas Katkus10:57 9 July 2021
One issue I have found that automatic reconnect make to restart the maintenance, for example if Stock rebuild takes more than 5 minutes, then Stock rebuild starts over and over again and this never ends unless you kill the client (If I remember rightly).
This applies to the Item Status Recalc routine also. I have reported this.

General >> Auto reconnect > Maintenance runs again after completion

Ele-Riin Raudsepp
11-25-21
Created byAnna Lasko09:37 7 July 2021
Hi Ele-Riin, Update: we're still looking into this issue, more info to follow. Thank you for your patience. Kind regards, Anna
Hi Anna,

Any updates?
Liina Saar
5-31-22
Hi!

Still no updates about the topic?
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Thank you very much for the help. Best Regards, Daniel...
07:07 28 Apr 2024
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
15:52 26 Apr 2024