Database size increaising exponentially
Gastón Salomone
10-14-21
Operating system: macOS
Hi

A customer has a database that is increaising size every day by a 1 or 3 GB.
I found that RecordHistory data of Items record, is enabled and every two o three seconds is storing a new update record, saying that record is updated. If I compare any of that updates against actual record, Standard ERP says that no field is updated.
The problem is that backup files is getting bigger every day.
I`m going to disable Login COntrol on that record, but I need to delete all record history information to clean and free some space while I try to find what is the problem.

How I can delete all that old data ?
While exporting a backup file, i found that RecordHistVc is increaing 5 million records every day and It get stuck in "Exporting old records" for some time, maybe 1 hour before finish backup.

I need urgent help

Please
Sanjay Parbhoo
10-15-21
Hi Gastón,

We had the same problem a month ago. In our case, I think we finally tracked this to code that updates unoked deliveries when goods receipts are oked. Removing that bit of code seems to have solved it. The code is in UpdateGoodsReceiptsAvailQty.

In terms of removing record history, that is more difficult. The only way I found how to do that is to use the --drop-register parameter but there might be a better way suggested by someone else from HW.

/Sanjay Parbhoo [2021/10/15 10:07 AM]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bror-Erik Kotiranta
11-10-21
Hello,

Excellent have identified some of these things that makes database increase in size more than it should. Erik is looking in to this as well
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024