SMTP error
3-10-23
Operating system: Windows
I am trying to setup mail for an old customer and I have a strange message in log: SMTP is waiting for public IP and hostname.

Never seen that before. Any idea what to look for?
Server is running on Windows, 8.5 version.
If I put a backup on my computer everything is fine.

Flaviana
3-13-23
Hi,

Thanks for the question.

Is this a new SMTP setup or have they changed the public IP of their internet connection?

Is sending an email from Powershell, from the same machine as SERP Server working? Could you also provide information if customers is using Office 365 SMTP or a custom SMTP Server?

Best Regards,
Rasmus
3-14-23
Hi Rasmus,

It's a new SMTP setup.

Yes, sending e-mail from Powershell is working. And they are using Office 365 SMTP.

I copied the database on my computer, they authorized my IP to their SMTP server and I can connect and send e-mail with SERP just fine.
Is there a specific port or something that StandardERP is using for communication with SMTP server? Maybe it's something open in my network, but not on theirs?

Flaviana
3-14-23
Hi,

Thanks for the info!

Please check that customer environments has setup according to this specification here:
https://www.hansamanuals.com/main/mailnumber___60012/theconf___85/manuals/version___85/langcode___RU/hwconvindex.htm?shortcode=HW0602SETTINGUP_External_Mail_SMTP

Hopefully this will solve the issue!

Brgds
Rasmus
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
When this feature will be redesigned?...
13:19 24 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024