Password Expiry and Minimum Spec
4-25-24
Operating system: Windows
Afternoon,

Some of our customers haven't changed their passwords for a while but they're not getting any password expiry message. If I copy their Standard ID into a new user on some test data and try and login, I then get the password expired message from the Standard ERP Client which then takes me to the MyStandard expired password web page. Why doesn't it do this for the customer on their system?

Whilst I'm here, can anyone tell me what the password expiry time is set to now, is it still 2 years?

Can I also ask what is the minimum specification for Standard ID passwords please?

And do dot (.), pound sign (£) and asterix (*) symbols still cause issues if used in a Standard ID password?

Sorry for all the questions, happy to split into separate questions if it helps.

Thanks

Best wishes

Dave Briggs
4-29-24
Hello Dave!

Regarding Standard ID password expiry. Does the users have ticked checkbox on person record "Password never expires"? By activating this all users should message to reset password.

Password expiry time is according to our documentation 1 year. Only password restriction for Standard ID is 8 characters. About special characters I need to check status and get back on that topic.

Brgds,
Rasmus
4-29-24
Created by09:49 29 Apr 2024
Hello Dave! Regarding Standard ID password expiry. Does the users have ticked checkbox on person record "Password never expires"? By activating this all users should message to reset password. Password expiry time is according to our docu
Hi Rasmus,

We use Global Users as apposed to the Persons but No, the users don't have "Password never expires" ticked - none of our users do.
So are you saying we should have this ticked all the time and then the user will get a message saying their password has expired?
It's just it doesn't seem logical to me? - having "Password never expires" ticked sounds like we don't want them to get a password expiry email as it sounds like we never want the password to expire.
Can you explain a little further for me please?

Thanks

Best wishes

Dave

4-30-24
Hi Dave,

Correction to my previous statement. "Password never expires" obviously means that these users won't get messages about renewing their passwords.

Apologies for incorrect reply.

Best regards,
Rasmus
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024