Install windows msi with command lines
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
6-22-17
What ( if any) command line parameters can we pass to the installer:
1 - do a silent install

2 - install in a folder of our choice

There is need to push an install via a Group Policy, and invoke the installer in this fashion:

msiexec /i hw.msi /quiet /norestart /L*v hwinstall2.log -Wait -NoNewWindow
so there is no need for user input.

Thank you in advance!
Diana Klobukowska
7-6-17
Hi,

To perform an unattended install of the Standard ERP client, you need to get the MSI package. Download the installer from Standard Install and run it. When the installation dialog appears, you will find the actual MSI package in the %TEMP% path.

The command line to install the client in C:\Program Files\HansaWorld\Standard ERP\ is (note that "installer.msi" should be replaced with the name of the MSI package you want to install):

msiexec /I installer.msi /quiet /norestart /L*v hwinstall.log TRANSFORMS=:Instance1 MSINEWINSTANCE=1 M4INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\HansaWorld\"

Kind Regards
HansaWorld Team
Katrīne Žunna-Veličko
3-2-18
Created byDiana Klobukowska09:36 6 July 2017
Hi, To perform an unattended install of the Standard ERP client, you need to get the MSI package. Download the installer from Standard Install and run it. When the installation dialog appears, you will find the actual MSI package in the %TEMP% path. T

If I run the latest 8.3 client installer on a PC with 8.0 already installed, even if I select "New Installation", it overwrites the 8.0 installation AND stuffs it up as well so I end up with neither 8.3 nor 8.0 working.

Is there parameters that allows to avoid this?
Tayla
3-6-18
Hi Katrīne

What happens if you remove Standard ERP 8.0 from the folder and place it in a new location, before installing 8.3?

Otherwise I can suggest installing Standard ERP on windows through the normal installation process using the installer window and you can then select the location you would like to install Standard ERP.

Kind Regards,

Tayla
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024