Version Update using My Standard
Sanjay Parbhoo
7-4-17

Hi

Please could someone explain to me what happens when you choose to update a version using My Standard.

What should be done in preparation?

What should be done if it fails?

Are there any known issues with updates, think Kristaps mentioned that there might have been.

Thanks

Sanjay
Diana Klobukowska
7-7-17
Hi Sanjay,

If you choose to update the server from MyStandard, then the server is updated.

Preparation part:
If customer have halcust, they should upload it in halcust folder following these steps:
1. Create "Halcust" folder locally and add hal files into it
2. Zipp it
3. Open MyStandard >> File Manager >> Upload File

4. Chose zipped folder from step 2
5. Once it is uploaded, in File Manager click on "Extract Archive" >> tick the zipped archive that should be unzipped >> and chose "Submit"
6. There is a "Halcust" folder among folders in File Manager and it has all hal files in it

If there are known issues, we are temporarily disabling that functionality. So, two scenarios:
1. There are issues, but they are not reported and not fixed >> functionality will be available on MyStandard and not work
2. There are issues, and they are known to development department >> functionality is disabled until fixed

Kind Regards
HansaWorld Team
Sanjay Parbhoo
7-10-17
Created byDiana Klobukowska12:42 7 July 2017
Hi Sanjay, If you choose to update the server from MyStandard, then the server is updated. Preparation part: If customer have halcust, they should upload it in halcust folder following these steps: 1. Create "Halcust" folder locally and add ha

Thanks Diana

Sorry, don'f full understand.

Am I correct to say that before the update, I must remove the old version halcust and replace that with the new version halcus? i.e. in the same place

Also, when you say if there are "known issues" are referring to issues with My Standard or SERP or both?

How do we know what has been disabled, for how long etc ...
Edwin
7-17-17
Hello Sanjay,

Yes, you remove the old halcust and replace it with the new halcust before you update the server. After the server is updated, you put the halcust folder back and then rebuild the HAL rules.

If there are issues with certain functions on MyStandard, they will be removed until they've been fixed. Recently for example there was an issue with the Connect function, so that function was temporarily removed from MyStandard until the issue had been resolved. Any issue with MyStandard would be prioritised by us so if we do disable a function we will aim to bring it back as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Edwin
HansaWorld
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024