Search as you type
Paul Timms
8-17-17
From 8.2 onwards, even with browse filtering disabled, the search box in browse windows has "search as you type" functionality. When searching for item codes with 20 characters, by pasting the item code into the search box, each character pastes slowly and it can take a few seconds to find the item in the browse window. Is it possible to switch off "search as you type" so that the search works in the old way, i.e. it doesn't search until you press Enter?
Giuseppe L.
8-23-17
Hello Paul,
I suppose you're referring to a record present in a Past Special Register. The feature you're writing about is actually what we have with the Browse Filtering in every Browse Window.
The response time you are complaining about depends on the general hardware infrastructure performances and I regret to inform you it's not possible to deactivate this record/register behaviour.

Kind Regards,

HansaWorld Team

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024