changing customer on the invoice resets item prices
Aldevinas Katkus
9-20-17
Our client faced with this:
if we change the customer in the invoice, item prices reset to blank for those items, which don't have the sales prices entered in the item record.
Anyone faced with this?
I cannot repeat this and can't find in the source right now what could be causing this.
I suspected pricelists, but pricelist is not assigned to the customer.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
9-21-17
Hi Aldevinas,

This is how the system works.

What you are seeing is the system correctly trying to calculate the prices for the custom you have added to the invoice.

You may recall, SERP is always trying to present the correct price for the customer you put on the invoice.

The system is looking at the new contact's currency, discounts etc. So if you have an item with 0.00 as the price, every time you put a new customer on the invoice, SERP will recalculate the customer price for each item on the invoice for this "new customer" and unfortunately it will find the zero priced item and put 0.00 as this is the new contacts correct price for their discount and currency.

Hope this helps.

Wayne
Aldevinas Katkus
9-26-17
Created bywdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca20:17 21 Sep 2017
Hi Aldevinas, This is how the system works. What you are seeing is the system correctly trying to calculate the prices for the custom you have added to the invoice. You may recall, SERP is always trying to present the correct price for the customer you
Cool. It looks like it works like this. Our client told us it has a "blank price field", in fact it wasn't blank, it was zero I guess.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024