SERP 8.4 2017-12-09
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
1-9-18
Hi,

Noticed we are beginning to default the email address of the user who last used the client (Windows testing only), yet a valid password is reporting incorrect user details. Changing the email address back to the SERP ID logs in with the same password. This verifying that the email address is still not working correctly to serve as a login ID.

Are you taking this email address off the user's email or the mystandard ID setting on the person record?

Thanks for any feedback.

Wayne
Paul Timms
1-10-18
Hi Wayne

It should be the Standard ID of the user. The way it works, as far as I understand it, is as follows:

When first upgrading to 8.4, you can log in using one of these two methods:

Standard ID and Standard ID password
User code (Person or Global User) and password stored against the user

When you log in with your Standard ID and password, and it is verified against HansaWorld's password server, it then writes this password back to the database, overwriting the password stored against the user. From this point on, you can log in with the Standard ID and password, or user code and Standard ID password. It is no longer possible to change the password of a user in the system.

If you are on a local network and the internet drops out, logging in with Standard ID fails, you have to log in with your user code.

I hope that helps and I hope it's accurate information.

Paul
Giuseppe L.
1-11-18
Hello Wayne and Paul,
what Paul wrote is correct: The system will not be able to check the StandardID credentials unless you're connected to the web. In this case, the User Signature is required.
We are at work for making the procedure easier and, according to what our development department has said we would expect StandardID fully working very soon.

Kind regards,

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Support
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
1-11-18
thanks for helping me understand. This is great intel..:-)
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
1-11-18
Follow up question. Can I tell SERP that I only wish to use my User/pwd and not get forced each time to over write the MyStandard ID defaulted on the user log in prompt?

Giuseppe L.
1-12-18
Hi Wayne,
I regret to inform you can't. We would all users to log in using user's StandardID. For this reason, once registered the StdID in the DB the user should use this. As I wrote above we are planning to refine the login sequence in the upcoming releases.

Kind regards,

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Support
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024