Gateway client's backup
Piotr Wycichowski
8-6-20
Operating system: macOS
Hi!

We use external Gateway e-mail system. The GATE client is run as GUI client, not -Slave process.
As I know, some important data is stored in HANSA.HDB file in Gateway client installation.
Up to version 8.4 I was able to make backup TXT file from this HANSA.HDB.
Now, in version 8.5 - I can't. I haven't found any workaround.
If I do not want to use autoupdate functionality, is there any method to export such backup?
Omar Dottin
8-18-20
Hello!

In Version 8.5, the External Email gateway starts up automatically with Standard ERP server

The following configuration is needed:

1. External Email to be active in System >> Settings >> Configuration >> CRM tile
2. Use External Gateway to be active in System >> Settings >> Optional Features

When activated, new folder will be created in a server folder: EmailGateway

There is no need any more to use External Gateway as a slave system that occupies one user slot.Automatic external gateway only runs, if Gateway user field is empty. This can happen if you import backup with gate user setup, or update from earlier versions.

Email and conferences>>settings>>email SMTP server :
Start Gateway Automatically should be switched off, Gateway user field should be emptied, Gateway password should be empty.

If they are filled in, they will override automatic Gateway.

To see if you are running the new GATE, either check System>>settings>>Active users
You will see GATE as user - this Asterix ( * ) means you have the new 8.5 gate running.
If you see GATE - you are running the old way.

Other method to check, open Server folder, EmailGateway folder, and open hansa.log. There you should find :*GATE* Running as External Mail Gateway

Note: To Use External Gateway - please ensure that the database status is live

In your case, I would recommend using our Auto-Update functionality, and then following the above procedures. Your data will be secure and stored correctly.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. Thanks!

HW Support

Piotr Wycichowski
8-25-20
Created byOmar Dottin19:59 18 Aug 2020
Hello! In Version 8.5, the External Email gateway starts up automatically with Standard ERP server The following configuration is needed: 1. External Email to be active in System >> Settings >> Configuration >> CRM tile 2. Use External Gateway to be ac
Thanks Omar. I will try this and I hope with success.
Swati D.
9-8-20
Hi

Did the solution work to your satisfaction? Can I close the job?

Swati 8.9
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, Thank you for reaching out! What error do you get in server log and client log when you run the report? Please check that you have Multi Thread activated in Systems>>Settings>>O...
09:10 15 Apr 2024
Hello, Thank you for reaching out! We did testing in sample data in current released version 2024-03-16. This is not repeatable with this combination. We recommend you to report this as a bug w...
09:08 15 Apr 2024