Hal routine not found when upgrading
Neil
3-8-17
After upgrading to 8.3 we are seeing some HAL errors relating to localization

When loading a window using locale function we get

2017-03-07 13:20:53 SJ runtime error, hal stack is:HAL routine not found: VATZONEBUTTONSLABELSCAN
2017-03-07 13:20:53 SJ dump of call stack

example code that causes an error:

external function real VATZoneButtonsLabelsCAN(real,real,real,real);

v = VATZoneButtonsLabelsCAN(h5+30,v,170,16);

Changing the functions to ENG instead works fine.

What do we need to do to get SERP to recognize the Canadian window functions? I have the clcan.hob/sucan.hob files in the client hob directory, is there anything else needed?

Thanks.
Elar Tammeraja
3-17-17
Likely a mistake in canadian translation. We will find out and fix it
Gastón Salomone
3-17-17
I usually use HAL link check report in Technic module to check for any development mistake i could be.

In a fresh SERP 8.3 installation this report with External checkbox selected fails with HAL Call Stak dumped error.

Several errors of Hal function are shown in report and all related apparently to language localization of Windows hal.

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi Rasmus, We use Global Users as apposed to the Persons but No, the users don't have "Password never expires" ticked - none of our users do. So are you saying we should have this t...
13:19 29 Apr 2024
Hi there, We've noticed that the current version (8.5 2024-03-16) flickers and pauses every minute or so when installed in standalone mode - we have standalone installations for support purpos...
13:08 29 Apr 2024