outer keyword in level0
Aldevinas Katkus
10-29-18
I have seen in a few places the following. e.g., DoInvFormTool.hal:
external outer procedure DoInvFormRowCustomizedFields(record IVVc,row IVVc,record DocVc,record SysFormatBlock,record RoundBlock,record LangNrVc,Boolean);

As far as I understand DoInvForm.hal is in level zero, why the code tries to execute a procedure in level 3? Anyway this procedure is empty.

Giuseppe L.
10-30-18
Hi Aldevinas,
I passed your question to our programmer and I'll keep you updated.
Thank you for reaching out to us with your enquiry.

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
David Smerdel
11-27-18
This is a great way to enable you to add customized fields to the Invoice document.

You can write your own custom DoInvFormRowCustomizedFields procedure, and the standard level0 code will call it.
This saves a lot of work when you update your customer to a new version, since you would have to merge any changes you did to the PrintInvoice procedure (for example), while you can leave your custom DoInvFormRowCustomizedFields as is.

I really hope they extend this functionality to other forms as well....custom fields are among the most frequent customization requests from my customers, and it really does save significant time when updating.
Aldevinas Katkus
11-27-18
Very cool feature then.
Swati D.
12-27-19
Hi Aldevinas

Can we close this question?

Please advise :)

Many thanks

Swati
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024