How to tick "Print Dialog" for reports run from other windows
Paul Timms
12-18-19
If you run a report from the Operations menu of another window, certain RepSpec values are set in HAL. For example, from an Item record, when you run Item Status, RepSpec.f1 is set to the item code.

On report specification windows, there is a Print Dialog checkbox, which is not ticked by default. Is there a way to tick this using HAL, so that printing a report such as Item Status asks which printer to print to?
Swati D.
12-18-19
Hi Paul

We will get back to you asap
Thanks
Swati
David Delač
12-19-19
Hi Paul,

This can be done using "RepSpec.JobDf = 1". JobDf being "Print Dialog" checkbox on any RcVc window.

In your example where you are using Operations menu to open Item Status Report you can enable print dialog by adding code above into the function "INStatusINLsm" located in hal/WActions/INVcWAction.hal just before RunReport(RepSpec,0).

Best Regards,
David D.
HansaWorld Support
Paul Timms
12-19-19
Hi David

Thanks - is there a list of all the special RcVc fields?

Paul
David Delač
12-19-19
Created byPaul Timms15:23 19 Dec 2019
Hi David Thanks - is there a list of all the special RcVc fields? Paul
Hi Paul,

Please look for "RecordBegin(RcVc,RcType,"rcvc2")" in datadef3.hal

Best Regards,
David D.
HansaWorld Support
Paul Timms
12-19-19
Hi David

Yes I'm aware of that, but it's not clear which fields can be used when defining windows and which fields are automatically completed by C code. Nor is it clear what they relate to. It would be great to have a list of those fields and what they correspond to if they are automatically completed.

For example, you wouldn't know that JobDf relates to the Print Dialog checkbox, and if you weren't an experienced HAL programmer you wouldn't know that sStartDate and sEndDate are filled in from the Period field.

Thanks

Paul
David Delač
12-20-19
Hi Paul,

We currently don't have up-to-date documentation for that but we are working on improving how we deliver these information to our partners. If you have any particular fields that you are interested in, please let me know and I can help you with that.

Best Regards,
David D.
Paul Timms
2-24-20
Hi David

Is there a field which defines Portrait or Landscape?

Thanks

Paul
David Delač
2-25-20
Hi Paul,

Orientation can be changed by changing RepSpec.PdfOrientf, 0 being portrait and 1 being landscape.

Best Regards,
David D.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024