Event Triggers.
9-9-20
Operating system: Windows
Hi all,

I have been making some customizations on a sales invoice. I created a button called 'mp validation'(PushButton(-90,5,-20,22,ToolOK," MP Validation");) in the allwindows.hal file.
What I wish to achieve is that when a user clicks on the mp validation button, a button click event is triggered,create some event, so that the event will be sent to the relevant event listener ( the ActionListener)

How can I achieve this in hal?

Any link to a relevant documentation or a solution will really help because I am stuck.
Swati D.
9-10-20
Hi

Thank you for your query

We will look into it and inform. Can I please know whom I am chatting with?

Swati 2020.9.10
David Delač
9-11-20
Hi,

This is example of a button:

HalPushButton(h,v,h+l,v+vs,"UpdCustomerAddressCUDsm","Update Address");

To find out what parameters mean please refer to:
http://halforum.hansaworld.net/primitives/procedure/HalPushButton

UpdCustomerAddressCUDsm is procedure that will be called when user clicks a button.

Best Regards,
David D.
9-11-20
Created bySwati D.20:25 10 Sep 2020
Hi Thank you for your query We will look into it and inform. Can I please know whom I am chatting with? Swati 2020.9.10
Hi,

I am Rodgers Maruti, from SoftIQ Technologies, Kenya. Working with John K. Maina
9-11-20
Created byDavid Delač09:56 11 Sep 2020
Hi, This is example of a button: HalPushButton(h,v,h+l,v+vs,"UpdCustomerAddressCUDsm","Update Address"); To find out what parameters mean please refer to: http://halforum.hansaworld.net/primitives/procedure/HalPushButton UpdCustomerAddressCUDsm is pro
Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already created the button.

What I wish to achieve is that when a user clicks on the button, a button click event is triggered,create some event, so that the event will be sent to the relevant event listener ( the ActionListener)

Kind regards,

Rodgers Maruti(SkypeID)
David Delač
9-15-20
Hi Rodgers,

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve, most likely you are mixing up Javascript style of programming with HAL but HalPushButton has built in event listener and once you click on the button a procedure will be executed. In my example procedure that we will execute is UpdCustomerAddressCUDsm but this can be any procedure you define in your halcust as long as it is defined as 'global'.

Like I mentioned above, please refer to our documentation on this URL:
http://halforum.hansaworld.net/primitives/procedure/HalPushButton

As you can see one of parameters is funcname and this is exactly what I described above.

Best Regards,
David D.
Swati D.
9-24-20
HI Rodgers

Has your query been addressed to your satisfaction? Kindly advise thanks

Swati 24.9
10-1-20
Created bySwati D.20:49 24 Sep 2020
HI Rodgers Has your query been addressed to your satisfaction? Kindly advise thanks Swati 24.9
Hi Swati

Yes for now I am satisified, as we are currently testing the mpesa on Touchscreen POS.

I have decided to add this to my wishlist.

Thank you.

Rodgers Maruti.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, Thank you for reaching out! What error do you get in server log and client log when you run the report? Please check that you have Multi Thread activated in Systems>>Settings>>O...
09:10 15 Apr 2024
Hello, Thank you for reaching out! We did testing in sample data in current released version 2024-03-16. This is not repeatable with this combination. We recommend you to report this as a bug w...
09:08 15 Apr 2024