Running PeriodicTask during Backup
Aldevinas Katkus
11-24-21
Operating system: macOS
Is it safe to run a periodic task created with NewPeriodicTask2() during a text backup?

Example 1:
Periodic task starts deleting records in a loop and then a Daily backup is started.
Will periodic task routine be suspended while the Daily backup is being run?
If periodic task routine will be suspended will it resume after the Daily backup is finished?

Example 2:
Daily backup is running and then a periodic task should start.
Will periodic task be executed or ignored until the timer triggers it at the next scheduled time?
Bror-Erik Kotiranta
11-25-21
Hello,

Personally i would say 1) yes, it stops it and continues after. 2) it should start right after.
But, to be sure i will have someone verify
Anna Lasko
12-22-21
no reply in a long time, closing this question, please let us know if the issue persists.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
15:52 26 Apr 2024
Afternoon, Some of our customers haven't changed their passwords for a while but they're not getting any password expiry message. If I copy their Standard ID into a new user on some test ...
17:22 25 Apr 2024