Web file not found even though the file exists
Aldevinas Katkus
2-7-23
Operating system: Windows
I am posting some data to the server and 1 out of 2 or 3 sequential requests (each request starts after the previous one is successfully finished) fail with
2023-02-07 14:37:12 Web file not found: WebStoreTabText.hal
and at the other end (initiating the request to the SERP) I am getting HTTP/1.0 503 error, which means the server is currently unable to handle the incoming requests.

Why is that?
WebStoreTabText is an like this:

global
updating procedure WebStoreTabText()
begin
WebGetPostData(FileArea);
qupdating.ImportSalesInvoicesFromArea(FileArea,...);
WebOutString("OK");
end;

I tried to make WebStoreTabText non updating and instead of qupdating call make it queued and in some cases data were stored successfully, but there was a timeout (over 30 secs) on the other end.

How should we process incoming requests in updating web calls?
I tried removing qupdating, but it didn't help.
As far as I can see in the source we have updating procedures in WebNG folder.

Carolina Valentino
2-21-23
let me check, who could help you
Aldevinas Katkus
2-21-23
Extra notes:
If I make my web function non-updating and call qupdating functions in my web function, then the record posted to SERP is stored successfully, but there is a curl error like "transfer closed with 59 bytes remaining to read" on initiating side meanwhile the data have been stored a long time ago (I can see it from the log window, the import takes less than a second). It looks like the server does not send a reply back if we are using qupdating calls?

2023-02-21 16:07:57 Database is in Restricted mode
2023-02-21 16:08:30 AD Login
2023-02-21 16:08:30 AD WebStoreTabText ftype= length=2293
2023-02-21 16:08:30 AD executing ImportSalesInvoices

2023-02-21 16:08:30 AD WebStoreTabText done

somewhere here after a timeout the curl returns "transfer closed with 59 bytes remaining to read".
Aldevinas Katkus
2-22-23
It looks like nested qupdating calls (calling qupdating from an updating function) resulted in not returning data back via web.

Now I have:
global
procedure WebExtraAPI()

begin
WebStoreTabInvoice;
end;

procedure WebStoreTabInvoice()

begin
qupdating.ImportSalesInvoicesFromArea(...);
end;

global
updating procedure ImportSalesInvoicesFromArea(...)
begin
if (/*qupdating.*/SaveImportedInvoice(...)) then begin ... //commenting out qupdating helped?
end;
Yavuz Yigiterhan
6-26-23
Hello Aldevinas,

Thank you for above discussion. We will consider it is closed , unless there is an update from yourside to above.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
When this feature will be redesigned?...
13:19 24 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024