Printing Images dynamically on forms
Neil
8-1-17
Is it possible to print an image on a form dynamically from either an attachment or reading from the filesystem?

I found OutFormImage that seems to work for matrix records but I need to print an image on an Inventory label that will be different for each item.

Is there a parameter for the Picture format field on the form editor that works for header records?

Thanks.
Tomas J.
8-3-17
Hello,

Logos are supported on forms, they have to be stored in client and server.

Pictures are supported for items only, if the form is designed that it shows item pictures too.

Other ways, from attachments or other places, not supported yet.

For every item you can add photo on item card. And redesign a form, so item comes together with pictures - this would be the only way around.

more info here :
http://www.hansamanuals.com/main/manuals/levelzero___57506/theconf___973/mailnumber___57507/version___82/hwconvindex.htm

Best regards,

Hansaworld
Aldevinas Katkus
8-4-17
AFAIK item label form fields should be printed as matrix fields. Have you tried that?
Neil
8-11-17
Created byAldevinas Katkus13:34 4 Aug 2017
AFAIK item label form fields should be printed as matrix fields. Have you tried that?
Yes that looks like the way to do it. I had hoped to avoid having to store two copies of each image in both hansaworld as well as the filesystem but if it is the only way it will have to do.

I tried to update the form image path directly via recordupdate before printing. This method actually does work the way I want locally but causes database errors when used client-server, likely due to the way the DocVc register is setup.. Is this solution at all possible with HAL or no?
Erik Elmgren
8-24-17
Created byNeil21:38 11 Aug 2017
Yes that looks like the way to do it. I had hoped to avoid having to store two copies of each image in both hansaworld as well as the filesystem but if it is the only way it will have to do. I tried to update the form image path directly via recordupda
OutFormImageName(dummyrecord,"F_SOMETHING","myimage.png")

You have to have "myimage.png" attached to dummyrecord which can be any record. Needs to be like this so the code can run on both client and server. You could automatically attach images to dummyrecord from HAL.

Erik
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
15:52 26 Apr 2024
Afternoon, Some of our customers haven't changed their passwords for a while but they're not getting any password expiry message. If I copy their Standard ID into a new user on some test ...
17:22 25 Apr 2024