Bank files Sweden
Björn Schwab
10-27-20
Operating system: macOS
Is there anybody looking into swedish bank files.

Swedish bank are going over to ISO20022.

Nordea as of august 2020
Handelsbanken as of March 2021
SEB as of December 2020
Swedbank (not sure when).

VERY IMPORTANT: The existing Swedish SEPA format is not correct:
- Does not support payments to swedish bank accounts
- Each bank has their own version of the format
- Credit invoices is not supported correctly.
- Does not support payments to foreign bank that doesn´t have IBAN (China, US, AUS etc)

Customer will have to do manual payments if this is not fixed.
Aldevinas Katkus
10-28-20
Have you tried to use SEPA - Lithuania?
Björn Schwab
10-28-20
Created byAldevinas Katkus09:51 28 Oct 2020
Have you tried to use SEPA - Lithuania?
This was how development tried to solve the Swedish ISO20022 format. They did in fact copy the Lithuanian format. But Sweden is not Lithuania. The implemented format for Sweden does not support payments to local banks. If somebody had read the different documentation from Swedish banks they would have understood that. I did in fact send it to PMs some years ago but they did pay any attention to it since nothing changed (they have all left the company).

For Sweden, SERP has only one export format, but it should be one per bank. This since each bank has different interpretations of the standard ISO20022 format.

The code does not support payments including credit invoices correctly either.

Note: SEPA should be renamed to ISO20022 (at least in Sweden). Nobody talks about SEPA, the banks use "ISO20022".

Simone M.
10-30-20
Hi Björn,
I have forwarded your inquiry internally, to check if we can add it to the Swedish localisation.
Björn Schwab
10-30-20
Created bySimone M.16:59 30 Oct 2020
Hi Björn, I have forwarded your inquiry internally, to check if we can add it to the Swedish localisation.
What to add: There is a Swedish SEPA, but the code must be fixed so that it is usable.
Simone M.
10-30-20
Thanks for the info, I've added to the list.
Björn Schwab
2-3-21
Created bySimone M.17:29 30 Oct 2020
Thanks for the info, I've added to the list.
What is status on this topic. 3 months without any feedback on a, for the Swedish market, important issue.
4-22-21
We are checking export of payments and import of bank statement for Sweden, focusing on SEB at the moment. Will check other banks as well and let you know.

Aldevinas Katkus
4-28-21
The problem is that every bank understands the ISO20022 differently. When we were implementing imports for our clients, we did failovers to the next possible variant if we did not find a value where expected. For example SEB and Swedbank had differences and some other banks had a mix of some bits of SEB and some bits of Swedbank implementations. This way we are able to import from more banks than the list provided in the standard version.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Ibrahim Bashir
Hello, Auto Scan Import folder is ticked. with multi-company database how to tell the file to which company to be imported? is there somewhere to tag the company where the file to be imported? ...
08:08 28 Mar 2024
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
Hello, Our client who has a new contract is trying to access there old database but it gives an error when you try to open the system "window is blocked while license is shut-down ProgressWCla...
07:15 27 Mar 2024