REST API removal of element
Paul Timms
5-9-22
Operating system: macOS
Customers are asking why the element has been removed from the XML when getting data from SERP. Could someone explain why this change was made?

In the words of one customer's development team:
Having talked through the detail we are struggling to understand why this change has been made as it’s moved from a standard way of working to a more non-standard way – we are using standard Microsoft components to get the data and having the container enables us to easily identify a data element that could be repeated and know when to close the loop with the closing tag.
Paul Timms
5-9-22
Sorry, the XML was removed from the above. The element I'm referring to is the rows element.
Aldevinas Katkus
5-10-22
Created byPaul Timms12:53 9 May 2022
Sorry, the XML was removed from the above. The element I'm referring to is the rows element.
I have already asked about this and made the "rows" tag optional in xml parsing.
Simone M.
5-25-22
BUG: REST API > Missing "rows" tag in XML output

Fixed in 8.5 2022-05-17 Dev 1544 (85430531)
Paul Timms
5-26-22
I confirm that the rows element is restored in release candidate 2022-05-24. Thanks.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Piotr Wycichowski
When this feature will be redesigned?...
13:19 24 Apr 2024
Hi, Thank you for the question! Default value if blank is no max limit for web users nor web sessions. Recommendation depends on server performance that you are running your Standard ERP envir...
07:59 22 Apr 2024