Today Backup is not enough - Business Continuity is the standard.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-3-18
Hi,

We have a bit of a challenge and I am hoping HW has some support here or is working on this.

One of our larger manufacturers have began implementing a strategy to ensure that the business will not suffer any great interruption in the event a server is lost to a failure. One of the fundamental strategies is to set the system up for visualization.

So the client purchased a Datto Business Continuity products and attempted to load use this on a SERP database Linux server.

The system immediately started dragging and kill clients whenever the device attempted to grab an image or a simple backup of the server.

After studying the logs the technicians discovered that SERP's database is not responding to the standard calls to pause the database and close the file while the system backups the database.

As you can imaging this is a major concern for us as eluded to above, business backup are a thing of the past and companies today are looking to business continuity as a better way to mitigate losses in the event of a server failure.

Do we have any support currently for this Business Continuity Strategy?

Thanks in advance

Wayne
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-8-18
It's been 5 days without a response and my client is awaiting an answer, Datto the "survivability" appliance supplier is asking if they should close the call. They are wanting to abandon the incident as the system's database "is not compliant with data backup standards".

feedback please.

Thanks in advance.
Jana Belugina-Ivanova
11-15-18
Created bywdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca19:22 8 Nov 2018
It's been 5 days without a response and my client is awaiting an answer, Datto the "survivability" appliance supplier is asking if they should close the call. They are wanting to abandon the incident as the system's database "is not compliant with data ba
Dear Wayne,

Apologies for not getting back to you earlier, for future "emergency requests" please always escalate to your Partner Manager or to me directly.

Regarding backups, yes we understand the need for more advanced solution that text backup, thats why we have developed Data Security Plans that we have announced at the last Partner Conference where you were present. Level 4 will be what you are looking for and available from 8.5. Detailed information on the plans and pricing will be available for all partners shortly.

Best Regards,
Jana
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-23-18
Hi Jana, this is not what I am referring too. We have on premise installs that wish to do a disk image and today's business are using various appliances to achieve this. There is a standard that the Database must support in order for this to work. I am trying to figure it out and then approach HW to see if it is supported.

On the web I would like to know what can a client expect to get when hosted by HansaWorld. We really need to understand what a client get and what a client must pay extra for.

It is urgent the HansaWorld gets this message out in a consistent manner soon as customer are beginning to come to us for hosting and we are quoting them based on current pricelist but I cannot tell them what is included or not.

I will ask on Regional manager for this.

thanks for the feedback.

Wayne
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024