Broken user
Martin Ramirez
1-21-21
Operating system: macOS
I have a customer that has updated from version 8.4 to version 85 20201206 (Linux server)

The migration was perfect except that one user of the 13 they have, is broken.

The user is named and has Full access. This customer has 8 companies on the system (additional companies) and after the update, when he entered to company number 1 he did not see anything, no modules ... no records, nothing. He need to move to another company to fix the problem

Also all the attached pdfs that he download from the attachments were broken. It only happened to him

We tried, on the same machine but with another user with the same access and everything works fine, also his user on another machine and he does not see the modules in company number 1, as he also loses constant connection.

the solution was to make a new user, but it is not what He wants since he does not want to lose his history.

Can you tell me what could have happened and what could be the solution?

i have exported and imported the database, deleted the user and re-created it and it was not solved.
Simone M.
1-22-21
Hi Martin, I suggest look for differences between this user and other users.
(like language on the user, special characters in the user code, when and how it was created, this users's access group and access related options).

Not seeing modules in the interface usually refers to incomplete language hobs.
If this user doesn't see modules, but other users do, my guess is that this user is looking for hobs in a different language.
I'd try adding the language of the other users to the broken user's Person and Global User cards specifically.

Difficult to say what is wrong 100% exactly, but I suggest to make those tests, hoping to find what causes the issue.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Ibrahim Bashir
Hello, Auto Scan Import folder is ticked. with multi-company database how to tell the file to which company to be imported? is there somewhere to tag the company where the file to be imported? ...
08:08 28 Mar 2024
SoftIQ Technologies Ltd.
Hello, Our client who has a new contract is trying to access there old database but it gives an error when you try to open the system "window is blocked while license is shut-down ProgressWCla...
07:15 27 Mar 2024