Security access rights
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
8-28-17
I am trying to get an access right set up where "SalesPeople" are not allowed to change the sales person on the customer inspect.

When I set the access to "Browse" it dose what I need for existing contacts but if the sales person tries to create a new customer the system does not allow them to set the sales person and I have the Default "Sales person to Current User" set.

I was expecting that on a new customer the system will default the sales person but it seems to leave it blank.

SERP version 8.3

Is there a way to to achieve this? Sales People are not allowed to change the Sales Person on an existing contact but can have it set to their ID if they create a new contact?

Thanks,

Wayne
Milana Dvoranovska
8-28-17
Hello Wayne,

Yes, it is possible, and explained in our manuals:

http://www.hansamanuals.com/main/mailnumber___237/theconf___56/manuals/version___82/english/hwconvindex.htm?shortcode=HW0107SETTINGS_Access_Groups

Shortly: You can set up the level of access to Access group, which is called Browse/New, or Read/New (depending how broad access you want to grant) and then user will be able to either browse/read through existing records, but not modify them, as well as create new ones.

Regards,
Milana
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
8-30-17
I forgot I posted this. Thanks for the detail. I can use your explanation to help me understand as I read the manual.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
8-30-17
I am missing something.

I tried to get them to be able to view a delivery and an invoice already issued. They should have access to anything but to see a contacts invoice and delivery but other than that they are restricted to Sales, Quotes and CRM.

Register Deliveries Read List *** Does not work

Second thing I tried:
Module Inventory Full

Register Inventory Count None
Register Inventory Adjustments None

Did this for every other register so that only Deliveries can been seen and using Read/List as above.

I can go into the Inventory Module and open the Browse Window for Deliveries but I still cannot view a record.

What am I missing here?

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
8-30-17
Figured it out. I needed to Add the module with full access and then the registers with none and read as required.

I was missing the module.

Thanks again for the help I think I am getting the hang of it now.

Wayne
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi Rasmus, We use Global Users as apposed to the Persons but No, the users don't have "Password never expires" ticked - none of our users do. So are you saying we should have this t...
13:19 29 Apr 2024
Hi there, We've noticed that the current version (8.5 2024-03-16) flickers and pauses every minute or so when installed in standalone mode - we have standalone installations for support purpos...
13:08 29 Apr 2024