New 8.4 installs automatically connect to my test server
Paul Timms
11-2-17
I had a test system with sample data running SERP 8.3, and it was listed on My Standard. I upgraded it to 8.4 to check that the upgrade process worked, and it did. I then logged in with my 8.3 Windows client and it auto-upgraded to 8.4. All good so far.

However, I have since downloaded the latest 8.4 Windows client, and installed it in a different folder. When I run Standard ERP from this folder, it automatically connects to my test server. It doesn't matter where I copy the folder to - if there is no HANSA.HDB, it doesn't give me the option to import sample data, connect to server etc., it just connects to my test server. How do I prevent this from happening?
Martins Gulbis
11-2-17
Hello!

Have you tried restarting your machine and see if the problem persists?
Also have you lately changed the time setting on your machine?

HansaWorld Latvija
Paul Timms
11-2-17
Restarting has not helped. I have not changed the time setting.
Paul Timms
11-2-17
I removed the previous 8.4 client using Add/Remove Programs, then downloaded and installed the current 8.4 (build xxx510). This version displays the expected menu rather than connecting to my test server. So, I have no idea why it was behaving in the way it did.
Martins Gulbis
11-2-17
Created byPaul Timms14:32 2 Nov 2017
I removed the previous 8.4 client using Add/Remove Programs, then downloaded and installed the current 8.4 (build xxx510). This version displays the expected menu rather than connecting to my test server. So, I have no idea why it was behaving in the way
Glad to hear the issue got resolved, I am not able to give you an answer as to what caused it.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi Rasmus, We use Global Users as apposed to the Persons but No, the users don't have "Password never expires" ticked - none of our users do. So are you saying we should have this t...
13:19 29 Apr 2024
Hi there, We've noticed that the current version (8.5 2024-03-16) flickers and pauses every minute or so when installed in standalone mode - we have standalone installations for support purpos...
13:08 29 Apr 2024