REST API>>PATCH record with multiple fields in main key
Paul Timms
9-2-20
Operating system: Windows
Using the REST API, is it possible to PATCH a record which has multiple fields in its main key? An example is DelAddrVc, whose main key consists of CustCode and DelCode. Looking at the manual, PATCHing a record requires the record "identifier" to be inside the URI, per the example below:

http://hostname.domain.top:web_port/api/1/IVVc/10000014?set_row_field.0.Quant=100

In UK sample data for example, I would like to PATCH delivery address with DelCode 001/1 for CustCode 001. (This might uncover another interesting point - what happens when the code contains a / ?)
Carolina Valentino
9-4-20
thanks to contact us, We ll answer you soon
Swati D.
9-15-20
Hi Paul

We are still waiting to get you a response, thanks for your patience

Swati 15.9
Omar Dottin
9-15-20
Hi Paul, yes it is. Please url encode segments and separate with /

Example: api/1/xxvc/001/001%2f1 if custcode is 1st segment

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Omar
David Delač
9-15-20
Hi Paul,

Like Omar has mentioned this can be done. Example:

url = "http://hostname.domain.top:web_port/api/1/MyVc/" & UrlEncode("001/1") & "/" & UrlEncode("Bla/Bla/Bla");

Best Regards,
David D.
Swati D.
9-17-20
Hi Paul

PLease let me know if this was answered ton your satisfaction and we can now close this query

Many thanks

Swati 16.9
Paul Timms
9-21-20
Thanks, that's very helpful.
Paul Timms
9-21-20
Maybe this should be added to the REST API documentation?
Swati D.
9-22-20
HI Paul

Thats a good suggestion. I will pass that on to the PMs

Thanks

Swati 22.9
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi Rasmus, We use Global Users as apposed to the Persons but No, the users don't have "Password never expires" ticked - none of our users do. So are you saying we should have this t...
13:19 29 Apr 2024
Hi there, We've noticed that the current version (8.5 2024-03-16) flickers and pauses every minute or so when installed in standalone mode - we have standalone installations for support purpos...
13:08 29 Apr 2024