Import Old Company into new HDB
Lee D Papworth
10-24-19
Hello, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

When importing a company from an older Hansa instanance into a new HDB and with a different company number how can we make sure attachments are brought over?

I thought there was a rebuild but cannot find it.

So company 1 in old system will be company 2 in new system.

Thanks

Lee Papworth
Lee D Papworth
10-30-19
Can anyone help please?
David Delač
10-30-19
Hi Lee,

Sorry for delayed response. I suggest that you try this in a test environment and see how it behaves. I would suggest to create a test environment and use HDB that you have from old Hansa instance and import it into the test environment as well as copy all the attachments.

If you encounter any problems please let me know and I will do my best to help you resolve them.

Best Regards,
David D.
HansaWorld
Lee D Papworth
11-4-19
Hi David,

thanks for your reply but I am not sure you have got what I am trying to do.

I am not just importing a company and attachments. I do this regularly and it always works. The issue I have is importing data into a new HDB but into a different company number. The data imports fine and I can log into company 2 and see all my data there. I am however not able to link attachments as I believe they will still have company 1 in the register somewhere. So no attachments/record links are visible when I log into company 2.

Thanks

Lee
Aldevinas Katkus
11-4-19
Created byLee D Papworth14:28 4 Nov 2019
Hi David, thanks for your reply but I am not sure you have got what I am trying to do. I am not just importing a company and attachments. I do this regularly and it always works. The issue I have is importing data into a new HDB but into a different co
I have the same problem now with one client. You have to change company numbers in Attachments file to be imported.
Lee D Papworth
11-5-19
Created byAldevinas Katkus21:11 4 Nov 2019
I have the same problem now with one client. You have to change company numbers in Attachments file to be imported.
Hi Aldevinas,

could you please tell me the exact process you did?

Many thanks

Lee
Aldevinas Katkus
11-5-19
Created byLee D Papworth09:26 5 Nov 2019
Hi Aldevinas, could you please tell me the exact process you did? Many thanks Lee
Well it did not work for me with version 8.5. My story
https://partners.hansaworld.com/forum/viewmessage/2/2589/2593
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
12-30-19
Hello.

Internal register called RlinkVC is connecting attachments with companies and is storing information for each record using company Code.
If company Code is different after you move it, you should update content of this register accordingly.
In order to do it you have to

1. export register content to file. You can do it using Module Database Maintenance > Exports > Register export > specify RLinkVC

2. in file find all records that have old company code and change it to new company code (company code is stored in first field

3. change header of the file so it is overwriting data

4. copy database in case to have option to go back if anything is wrong in your file by accident

5. import file and check if all good

Bug mentioned before should be fixed in 2019-11-26.
Regards

Aldevinas Katkus
12-30-19
If you have notes attached to records, NotepadVc also has company number stored in the record, so I guess, you have to renumber them too.
Dejan R.
1-8-20
Hello Lee,

Did above suggestions solved your issue?
Lee D Papworth
1-8-20
Hi Dejan,

not with the release we were on. I believe this now may have been fixed in newer versions

Regards

Lee
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
1-8-20
Hello.

Please check and let us know. If you face any repeatable problems that may be bugs please report via Issue tracker.

Regards

Agnieszka
Aldevinas Katkus
1-9-20
Yes, this issue has been fixed in later versions. It is important that row number must match the company code in the companies register. The open question is how to update company numbers in the RLinkVc and NotepadVc before importing into the different DB.
Dejan R.
1-9-20
Hi Aldevinas,

Agnieszka's suggestion on the 2019-12-30 did not help?

1. export register content to file. You can do it using Module Database Maintenance > Exports > Register export > specify RLinkVC

2. in file find all records that have old company code and change it to new company code (company code is stored in first field

3. change header of the file so it is overwriting data

4. copy database in case to have option to go back if anything is wrong in your file by accident

5. import file and check if all good

Regards
Paul Timms
1-10-20
I'm amazed that there's no way to do this programatically. When the RLinkVc file contains thousands of lines, this is a massive job. Or is there some quick method to do this "find and replace"?
Aldevinas Katkus
1-13-20
Hi all,
The point "2. in file find all records that have old company code and change it to new company code (company code is stored in first field" is clear for me. I have a script renumbering companies, however it would be very nice to have it in the standard version.
In some old version (6.2?) it was possible to change the company code in the companies register and it used to export RLinkVc with the new code, current version does not do this. At least I have a note about that written years ago.
Agnieszka Klimkiewicz
1-13-20
Hi.

Any register exported is a text file that you can open in spreadsheet and just auto replace code X with code Y in column you want.
Feel free to write a wish for option to change company code to other automatically in the database with change of code in al relevant places.

Regards
Agnieszka
Janssondata
1-14-20
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024