wrong PDFs attached to the email
Aldevinas Katkus
6-1-18
Our 2 clients faced with the problem this week:

When generating PDF emails (maintenances "open invoice statement" and "Create invoice mails") a few extra PDFs are attached to the email.
Those extra PDFs should be sent to other customers, e.g. generating the PDF for the customer A we get PDFs for customers B and C attached:
Open invoice statements-A.pdf
Open invoice statements-B.pdf
Open invoice statements-C.pdf

at one of the customers we have noticed errors while restoring from the backup:
2018-05-31 09:54:34 WARNING: keys are not unique (1) for register RLinkVc key MainKey record Record Linking
2018-05-31 09:54:34 the record will be ignored and added to ignoredrecords.txt
2018-05-31 09:54:34 WARNING: keys are not unique (1) for register RLinkVc key MainKey record Record Linking
2018-05-31 09:54:34 the record will be ignored and added to ignoredrecords.txt
version 8.4 2018-12-09, also tested with 8.4 2018-05-14

How to solve this problem?
Unbelievable, but at one customer we restarted the server and the correct invoices are attached to the emails now, no more wrong invoices are attached

Paul Timms
6-1-18
Interesting. We have something similar happening at one of our clients, who are on 8.1. They have three companies, and occasionally, when sending out invoices by e-mail, a PDF for a different invoice is also attached to the e-mail. This invoice can even be from a different company! I've not seen that a restart fixes this, or if it does, it's only a temporary fix as it's been happening for some time. I've not seen those errors in the log, but then I've not done a restore of their backup since upgrading to 8.1.
Andreas Styrnell
6-4-18
Hi,

Have you done any HAL with the customers? Maybe for sending mail from the delivery?

//Andreas
Aldevinas Katkus
6-5-18
One of our clients has hals another one does not and never had.
Aldevinas Katkus
6-5-18
The most interesting thing here is how non unique keys become not unique
Aldevinas Katkus
6-5-18
Created byAldevinas Katkus11:05 5 Jun 2018
The most interesting thing here is how non unique keys become not unique
typo error, should be "unique keys become not unique"
Aldevinas Katkus
6-8-18
Created byPaul Timms16:06 1 Jun 2018
Interesting. We have something similar happening at one of our clients, who are on 8.1. They have three companies, and occasionally, when sending out invoices by e-mail, a PDF for a different invoice is also attached to the e-mail. This invoice can even b
Restarting the server on another client did not help. version. 8.4 2018-05-14
Paul Timms
12-7-18
We have yet another instance of this happening, for a customer who recently upgraded to 8.4. They have multiple companies. One company sent a remittance by e-mail, and the e-mail had the purchase order from another company also attached as a PDF.

This is not a bug which is easily replicated, however it's happened enough times now that I believe it should be investigated.
Aldevinas Katkus
12-10-18
Just a coincidence: this morning the same client is doing an export import right now and experiences many errors:
Failed to import a record of type MailReadVc pos 244704
failed to import a record of type RLinkVc 3680555
Warning: keys are not unique(1) for register RLinkVc key MainKey record Record Linking

In a previous import they had much less of these errors.
They haven't changed a version. They are on older 8.4

Maybe you have the same errors?
Paul Timms
12-10-18
I believe what's happening is that RLinkVc has somehow been messed up, so when creating a new e-mail from a record and attaching a PDF, it's creating a new RLinkVc with a number which already exists in RLinkVc, and therefore attaching both the original file with that link number as well as the new file. Let me know if your export/import works and doesn't lose any of the old links, if that's possible to find out.
Aldevinas Katkus
12-12-18
After export import the number of RLinkVc and ItemHistVc are the same, so it looks like import always skips some records. One strange thing is when the client imported TB which has been made automatically the new database had wrong debts - the number of records in ARVc and APVc different 10 or so times. After importing the TB which has been made after the restart of the server, debts look OK. (version 8.4 some older build)
Paul Timms
12-19-18
After more investigation, I have found 23 examples in one database of e-mails with wrong attachments, which have occurred since upgrading them to Standard ERP (8.4) in October. Looking through RLinkVc and Attach2Vc, I can see that the incorrect PDF being attached has an earlier attach number than the correct PDF which is also attached. Sometimes it is the previous attachment in Attach2Vc, sometimes it is up to 30 attachments away. As of yet I have not found a connection between these - the companies and record types vary.
Swati D.
12-24-19
Hi Paul

Please can you report it and 'attach' a text backup so someone can look into it and try to repeat

Many thanks

Swati
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024