NL reports not showing on client
Paul Timms
10-25-18
After upgrading to 8.4, the custom reports written using NL > Settings > Report Settings have disappeared from the list of reports. I can see them in Database Maintenance > Settings > User Defined and User Defined Reports. One user has a shortcut to one of these reports and is able to run it. Any idea how to make them reappear? This has happened at more than one customer but doesn't happen to every customer, and I can't work out the cause nor the solution.
Omar Dottin
10-26-18
Hi Paul! I've experienced a similar issue before, but exporting the custom report definitions from the old version and importing into 84 should show the reports in the NL

- Did you try Export/Import of data?
- Was there HAL involved?

Can you please let us know the procedure you used? I will try to repeat the exact steps and see if I can solve it from there. Thanks!

HW Support

Paul Timms
10-26-18
Hi Omar

I simply used MyStandard to upgrade from 8.2 to 8.4. I've been digging a little more. I imported their data onto my laptop, and in single user mode, the reports are listed. However, in client/server mode they are not. Yes the customer has HAL but I have tried their data with no HAL and it's the same.

I have also tried exporting user-defined reports from 8.2 and importing into 8.4 with the overwrite flag set, but this has not solved it.
Omar Dottin
12-27-19
Hi Paul, this issue could have been a 8.4 specific dated version problem. In latest 8.5 SERP Servers such as 19-11-26, this is not repeatable. We have also updated and made major changes to MyStandard since this, to make process easier and more efficient. Please submit a Partner Portal bug indicating version and build if you still experience any more of this behaviour. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Omar
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024