Field Settings
3-20-19
Hello,

I am trying to get more information on how to make fields setting work to hide or change label of a field, but not finding information on the functionality. Would anyone have more information or guide me on how it is supposed to work.

Thank you,
Rozmin
Giuseppe L.
3-21-19
Hello Rozmin
thank for reaching out to us with your enquiry.

Below our Internal Update note, I guess this will help.

My best,

Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy

-----------------------

Standard ERP
8.4 versions from May 2017

With this functionality it is possible to do a basic setup of any Edit Field:
- to change its label

- to hide it or hide if it contains data
- to make it mandatory

User that is configuring Edit Field should belong to access group that has following access right:
Type = Action
Item = Field Settings
Level = Full

After restart, user with above access right will have new option in File menu: Edit Field Settings. The same option is used both to turn the setup of Edit Fields on and off.

After turning the setup of Edit fields On, new window called "Field Settings" will appear. Here, user that is configuring edit fields should:
- decide the access group that will be affected with the configuration
- decide weather to see the changes in the interface (the way how users of chosen access group will see it) or not.

Once this is decided, user who is configuring edit fields should choose any Edit Field (by placing the cursor in it). New window will open called "Field Settings" where user can configure the Edit Field.
This window shows:
- Access Group = access group for which the changes are made
- Window = Current window
- Field = chosen field
- Custom label = New label for the field. If value is entered, that value will appear as a field name for specified access group
- Show = field is visible and can be edited
- View only = field is visible, but cannot be edited
- Hide = field is hidden
- Hide when not Empty = if it contains data, field is not visible
- Default = as defined by the rest of the system rules
- Mandatory = entering data is mandatory

All configurations of the Edit Fields are stored in Technics module >> Settings >> Field Settings.

Potential for further development:
- Changing the length of the field
- Changing how many characters field can accept
- Editing other, not only Edit Fields
- Setting the field for all system, not just for one window
- Setting the field for multiple access rights at once
- Setting the field for all access rights
3-22-19
Created byGiuseppe L.12:55 21 Mar 2019
Hello Rozmin thank for reaching out to us with your enquiry. Below our Internal Update note, I guess this will help. My best, Giuseppe HansaWorld Italy ----------------------- Standard ERP 8.4 versions from May 2017 With this functionality it is
Thank you, i will try the set up and revert incase i have any further questions.
Swati D.
12-18-19
Hi Rozmin

Are you needing more assistance on this request or can we close this?

Swati
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Aldevinas Katkus
I confirm v. 2024-03-16 has issues. v. 2024-12-03 also had the same issue, but "less expressed"....
11:13 2 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024