Mailbox administration
Paul Timms
10-8-19
Is there any "proper" way to administer mailboxes, when you do not have the E-mail & Conferences module? Mailboxes are available in Technics > Settings, but you can only see the mailboxes in here, you cannot go into the properties of the mailbox to close or delete it.

I have a clumsy workaround, which is to create a new concurrent user, create a mailbox, and from the mailbox window, press F3 to display the list of mailboxes. From here, you can open any mailbox and close or delete it. Then, you need to delete the concurrent user you created.
Pijus Juodis
10-14-19
Hi,

I do not have problems opening Mailbox properties from Technics module.
Do they contain some Conference Access Group on them?

Best regards,
Pijus
Paul Timms
10-15-19
No. The only reason I can think of is that in the past, the E-mail & Conferences module was active, and a mailbox was added to the System field in Mail & Conference Settings. If so, would it not be better to use Access Groups for mailbox administration?
Pijus Juodis
12-3-19
I did not find anything in the code suggesting that we are checking field From System in Mail and Conference Settings.

The part we do check is Conference Access Levels.

I don't think using Access Groups would make things simpler. Maybe having the setting accessible from Technics module is worth considering.

Let me know if you are able to repeat your issue in the latest version and/or with sample data.

Best regards,
Pijus
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024