Problem with POS Syncing
Joey Alonzo
1-7-20
Hello,

Our customer Isetann is currently encountering error during syncing of POS Invoice. The error is "Very long string in GetField". Also they cannot create text back-up because of the said error. They are currently using version 6.3 of HansaWorld.

Regards,

Joey
Simone M.
1-7-20
Hello Joey,
Your customer should update their installation.
We have corrected that bug long time ago.

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Joey Alonzo
1-8-20
Created bySimone M.16:57 7 Jan 2020
Hello Joey, Your customer should update their installation. We have corrected that bug long time ago. Best regards, HansaWorld Support
Hi Simone,

Can you tell the procedure on how they can update? Because as far as I know, you need to create text back-up and restore it in new version in order to update. Currently, they cannot make text back-up because of the error.

Regards,

Joey
Simone M.
1-9-20
Hello Joey,
Please try to export a backup from the server using the command:
./StandardERPServer --backup (For a Server installation on Mac)

If this doesn't work, please send us a detailed log and more information regarding the installation.
(OS of the server, if it's a standalone installation, size of the database, etc...)

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Joey Alonzo
1-9-20
Created bySimone M.15:51 9 Jan 2020
Hello Joey, Please try to export a backup from the server using the command: ./StandardERPServer --backup (For a Server installation on Mac) If this doesn't work, please send us a detailed log and more information regarding the installation. (OS of the s
Hi Simone,

Ubuntu Linux is the OS server. Size of HDB is 73 GB. I will send you detailed log file tomorrow morning.

Please tell me how to do command prompt back-up in Ubuntu Linux.

Regards,

Joey
Simone M.
1-20-20
Hi Joey,
it's enough to run the server with the --backup command.
From the terminal, first navigate to the StandardERP Server folder, and the type the command:
./StandardERPServer64 --backup

This will launch the StandardERP Server application, which will then create a back-up file and then quit.
You'll find then the file TB.TXT in the root folder of StandardERP Server.

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Simone M.
2-4-20
Hello Joey,
Do you still have this issue or is the problem solved?
Can I close the topic?

Best regards,
HansaWorld Support
Joey Alonzo
2-4-20
Hi Simone,

For now, you can close this topic as Isetann just restored their old back-up.

Regards,

Joey
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024