does skype 7.36 works with SERP
Aldevinas Katkus
5-29-17
Does integration with skype 7.36 work with SERP? I cannot get it to work. NEither activities are created nor I can call the skype directly from the communicator window.
Martins Ebersteins
5-29-17
Probably you have not opened the Skype -> Manage API clients -> Allowed HansaWorld through Skype to use the integration.

p.s. at least in my case this is a hug challenge, as I have hundreds of HansaWorld requests pending there...
Aldevinas Katkus
5-30-17
Created byMartins Ebersteins14:39 29 May 2017
Probably you have not opened the Skype -> Manage API clients -> Allowed HansaWorld through Skype to use the integration. p.s. at least in my case this is a hug challenge, as I have hundreds of HansaWorld requests pending there...
Today I have noticed that current HansaMail.exe does trigger the skype question about allowing to integrate, but my 8,3 2017-04-26 does not, even though I have checked user settings>>local computer>>integration and allowed skype.
Manage API clients lsit in skype is empty.
Erik Munoz
5-31-17
Hello Aldevinas,

We do not have any report where the integration with Skype 7.36 did not work.

As Martins mentioned before, please verify that Manage API clients has the permission that allows HW to use Skype, if it is empty then most likely the Skype API Security window was never displayed, meaning that HW was not approved to use Skype.

Please try:

1) Checking Module: User Settings>>Settings: Local Machine>>Integrations>>Connect to Skype = Yes
2) Checking Module: User Settings>>Settings: Local Machine>>Integrations>>Preferred Calling Method = Skype
3) Restart the app
4) log in
5) The Skype API Security window should be visible

Of course other option is just to update you Skype version
Aldevinas Katkus
6-1-17
Created byErik Munoz12:23 31 May 2017
Hello Aldevinas, We do not have any report where the integration with Skype 7.36 did not work. As Martins mentioned before, please verify that Manage API clients has the permission that allows HW to use Skype, if it is empty then most likely the Skype
All of that already done.
Skype updates automatically.
Erik Munoz
6-1-17
Created byAldevinas Katkus06:36 1 Jun 2017
All of that already done. Skype updates automatically.
And did you see the Skype API Security window when log in the app?

I am using Skype 7.52 and the integration works ok
Aldevinas Katkus
6-5-17
No, I don't see any Skype API window
Erik Munoz
6-6-17
Created byAldevinas Katkus08:37 5 Jun 2017
No, I don't see any Skype API window
Are you using Mac or Windows?

I also suggest to update Skype in:
Menu>>Skype>>Check for Updates...
Aldevinas Katkus
6-6-17
Created byErik Munoz12:04 6 Jun 2017
Are you using Mac or Windows? I also suggest to update Skype in: Menu>>Skype>>Check for Updates...
I am using the latest skype version on windows 10.
Erik Munoz
6-9-17
Created byAldevinas Katkus12:22 6 Jun 2017
I am using the latest skype version on windows 10.
Hi Aldevinas,

I thought you were using Mac, on windows the skype manage API Access Control setting is located in Options>>Advanced Settings>>"Manage Other programs' access to Skype", this is the place where you should see that Standard ERP is Allowed to use Skype.

And the Skype authorization (when you install SERP and launch the system) will be show directly in skype (in mac it is shown in a pop-up window).

I did a test just now with Skype 7.36.0.101 using a windows computer and it worked correctly when I tried to do an skype call using the Communication Centre. Do you receive a different message when press the Skype button?

To see more information about how skype handle 3rd party applications: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12384/how-does-my-3rd-party-application-work-with-skype-and-how-will-changes-to-skype-impact-my-3rd-party-application

Regards,

Erik Muñoz
HansaWorld
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024