keys Esc, TAB, Enter do not work in Windows 10
Aldevinas Katkus
11-24-22
Operating system: Windows
After upgrade to 2022-10-22 one client has problems with keys like ESC,TAB,Enter.
As a side effect pasting a column from excel pastes only the first value, because TAB key does not function.

TAB key does work in Excel.

Problem is with only one PC, other users (PCs) do not experience such strange problems.
Windows 10 version 1803.
Is there a solution for this?
Aldevinas Katkus
11-30-22
Well, actually, it seems Enter key works after pressing it a number of times (3-5). CPU usage of and idle SERP client is almost 10%.
Customer is behind firewall and proxy. Could it be that the client tries to connect somewhere and fails? There is nothing interesting regarding this in the log.
Brittany McGrath
11-30-22
Hello, a Product Manager is looking into this and we hope to have an update to your post soon.
Thank you.
Aldevinas Katkus
11-30-22
It could be that Cisco firewall at the customer site is somehow blocking this even though 8.5 2021-11-02 (build 85420021) had no problems.
They have a web proxy too.
I have tested with 2022-09-20 version and it worked for a few minutes and then stopped responding to key presses (Enter, Ctrl+Enter)
CPU usage for idle SERP client is up to 10%, while on my test installation with the same build is 0,5% or so.

Aldevinas Katkus
11-30-22
One more note: standardinstall.com took over a minute (status bar showing "Waiting for code.jquery.com", while the page was still blank) to open on their browser and installation of the client failed with "http send failed" error.
Aldevinas Katkus
12-1-22
Maybe there is a secret enabler to disable Microsoft Edge WebView2 feature as this is the problem I guess. One PC out of 6 started working normally, nobody knows why, other 5 users cannot work and enter data because of not working Enter, Tab, Ctrl+N,Ctrl+Enter keys as described above.
Aldevinas Katkus
12-1-22
Update: 2 hours later, the only user who could work, cannot anymore.
Simone M.
12-6-22
A problem that repeats on a computer only, it's likely to be an issue strictly connected to that single machine.
Without further details, the best guess that I can have, it's an issue related with the mapping/layout used by the keyboard.
We had lately some issues on Windows only, connected to the arrow keys to move between fields, but the problem described by you seems to be totally unrelated.
Aldevinas Katkus
12-7-22
No, the problem is with ALL computers, not a single one.
Aldevinas Katkus
12-7-22
I have reported a bug: General>>Esc, TAB, Enter,F2 do not work in Windows
If we are in the restricted enterprise environment (proxy, firewall, VPN) then in versions 2022-09-20 and 2022-11-22 (the ones using Microsoft Edge WebView2) there is

1. A high CPU usage of the Windows client (up to 10%) instead of 0,5% where we have no proxy.
2. Esc, TAB, Enter,Ctrl+Enter, F2 keys do not work and application is very slow, it is impossible to enter data in any
register because paste special, enter, Tab keys do not work.

Extra notes:
Proxy issues with WebView2: https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge/WebView2Feedback/issues/132
Simone M.
12-7-22
Thanks for report it. I'll check it
Aldevinas Katkus
12-20-22
It would be very nice to have some enabler file or something to disable WebView2 completely to solve these problems if there is no better solution.
Gatis Jansons
12-23-22
This issue was partly related to recent Windows Cumulative updates.
Should be fixed with this:
GEN>>Windows 10>>Program not responding to keyboard
in 2022-11-25 build 215
in 2022-10-22 build 650

Added comment to your bug report as well: General>>Esc, TAB, Enter,F2 do not work in Windows
Aldevinas Katkus
12-27-22
We will check it, though, in the bug report you say there is a problem with Windows updates from December. We have updated the version in 2022-11-18...

Aldevinas Katkus
3-23-23
We have made a test run on the same server with version 8.5 2023-02-08 for a few hours and it looks like everything is OK.
Simone M.
3-23-23
Happy to hear that :)
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Afternoon, Some of our customers haven't changed their passwords for a while but they're not getting any password expiry message. If I copy their Standard ID into a new user on some test ...
17:22 25 Apr 2024
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
13:09 25 Apr 2024