Serial number items with no serial number history
Christoffer Riska
7-30-17
Hi,

This is a problem that relates back to version 4.x or 6.x.
In early versions it was possible to change an item from serial/batch number tracking to no tracking and back.

This resulted in a situation where there might be items in stock with no serial number history, although the items have batch number set in item register. Thus, making it impossible to remove these items from stock.
In current versions it is no longer possible to remove serial/batch tracking from an item.

Is there any way to remove these items from stock?
The normal way does not work as Hansa requires the user to enter a serial/batch number for the items, but they have none in serial number history.

Is there maybe a setting or maintenance that can help here?

Regards,
/Chris
Aldevinas Katkus
7-31-17
It looks like you have to recalculate serial number balance register. In the old HansaMail should be a maintenance attached to the Q&A message, if I remember it correct.
Giuseppe L.
7-31-17
Hello Christoffer,
Unfortunately, it's not easy to build such a specific test case and understand if we are in presence of a specific business logic or just a different registers interaction (coming from old versions). We will go deep into this enquiry, trying to figure out how to help you.

Kind Regards
Giuseppe

HansaWorld Team
Christoffer Riska
8-4-17
Created byGiuseppe L.12:04 31 July 2017
Hello Christoffer, Unfortunately, it's not easy to build such a specific test case and understand if we are in presence of a specific business logic or just a different registers interaction (coming from old versions). We will go deep into this enqui
Thanks Giuseppe,
Looking forward to any ideas how to resolve this.

/Chris
Aldevinas Katkus
8-18-17
Chris, have you tried this hack:
1. change serial number tracking for the item (by HAL, or by importing the record with the overwrite option)

2. Rebuild the SerBalVc register
Christoffer Riska
9-6-17
Aldevinas,
HAL hacks such as this are always risky as they may damage the DB. Same goes for tampering with exported data. I will try to do this in demo environment to see how it works.

I there a maintenance for rebuilding SerBalVc?
Aldevinas Katkus
9-6-17
I guess recalculating SerBalVc is done during the Item Status Recalculation.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024