opening email crashes SERP client
Aldevinas Katkus
11-22-17
has anyone faced with this?
ver. 8.3 2017-05-05
It looks like the SERP doesn't like one particular email we received from our client. Other emails opens up as usual.
In the MS outlook the same email doesn't look unusual. It has 2 attachments, one html, another one - PDF. The email was sent from Mac.
html attachment has some strange reference to the image:
img src="http://127.0.0.1:0/SetExternalMailReadFlag/138090/....jpg
Aldevinas Katkus
11-22-17
More details:
If I turn off HTML email in the email settings, then there is no crash anymore, otherwise it used to crash everytime I clicked in the empty "to" field (very strange crash) - this was just another variant of the above case (which used to crash on opening the email, with no clicking anywhere).
I would suspect some Windows 10 update did something.
Ester J.
11-23-17
Hello,

I am not familiar with this issue.

When you say client, what do you mean? the installation or from a customer?

If you are able to repeat this issue, I would suggest to send a bug report about the issue, with steps on how to repeat.
Aldevinas Katkus
11-23-17
Created byEster J.09:38 23 Nov 2017
Hello, I am not familiar with this issue. When you say client, what do you mean? the installation or from a customer? If you are able to repeat this issue, I would suggest to send a bug report about the issue, with steps on how to repeat.
"client" is our client, not a SERP application. I was able to repeat it on our system, no idea if it is repeatable on other systems.
Ester J.
12-6-17
Alright, I see.

I would suggest to send a bug report about the issue, with steps on how to repeat.

Or you can paste them here and i'll see if i am able to repeat the issue.

Aldevinas Katkus
12-7-17
I have no idea how to repeat this. 2 days ago I have faced with the same issue: any click to "to" fields or the paperclip icon with the html email open results in crashing of the serp client . The email itself looked OK in the SERP. I had to uncheck "use HTML emails" in the email and conferences settings.
Tomas J.
12-8-17
Please update your system to released 8.4 2017-11-25 and test there. If you can repeat there, please report a bug, attach crash log (verbosity debug detailed) and forward this crash causing email to local Pm's.

Hansaworld support
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024